BPL Community Profile

d k (dkramalc) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale d k hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me d k has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by d k

Showing 341 - 350 of 749 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Giardia: Just the facts m'am
I have always wondered this about the theory that bad hygiene, not bad water, causes giardia transmission (or other intestinal maladies): are you saying that people give themselves giardia or gi d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Just the facts m'am
October 05, 4:58pm

Re: WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
Wow - beautiful pictures. Your skies were far more blue than the ones I saw in YNP in late August! On my last day you could not see Electric Peak from the Mammoth center, it was that hazy. But I...

In Post-Trip Reports » WY: Yellowstone, Grand Teton and the Wind River Range
October 05, 10:09am

Re: How old are these Thermarest?
They're not the oldest (those were orange) but maybe the first thin (1/2"? 3/4"?) ones? I'm guessing somewhere in the early 90's. If you sent the picture to Cascade Designs,...

In GEAR » How old are these Thermarest?
October 04, 2:52pm

Re: Re: 40 Pounds for 2 night Solo HELP me lighten it Please
Leave the ridgerest or the Synmat at home; you shouldn't need both. Leave the candle lantern. Rather than taking the book, load a reader app and a bunch of books on your phone (leave it off m...

In Gear Lists » 40 Pounds for 2 night Solo HELP me lighten it Please
September 29, 12:32am

Re: TheOne tent
NM

In Gear Swap » FS: GG TheOne Solo Tent - 2011
September 25, 4:01pm

Re: Re: duct tape rash?
My mom has had an allergy to adhesive for years, noticeable when she's been in the hospital. Several years ago I used a stick-on back patch for some back pain, and ended up with a weepy, itchy...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » duct tape rash?
September 19, 11:49am

Re: Re: pots in bear country
If you can string your pot and a lid or something else noisy up with your bag it also acts as a noisemaker that can alert you if a bear is messing with the food hang.

In GEAR » pots in bear country
September 09, 11:16am

Re: Re: MYOG Trailstar-ish shelter
How high was your center pole? This looks really nice but I would want to be able to sit up easily in my shelter, which requires at least 38" of clearance where my head is (meaning higher at ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Trailstar-ish shelter
September 07, 10:14am

Re: Re: Ventana Big Sur Winter list
OP: "I did the JMT this summer and am already itching to get out again!" BG: "You may like Ventana. The poison oak has such subtle colors then." Since the mere mention of ...

In Gear Lists » Ventana Big Sur Winter list
September 05, 5:42pm

Re: I'm a girl, and I don't make heat. It sucks." Sleeping bag opinions for super cold sleepers
thoughts from yet another one who could've posted the title: For me, double quilt or sleeping bags zipped together don't work well - because whenever my partner rolls over or gets up to ...

In GEAR » "I'm a girl, and I don't make heat. It sucks." Sleeping bag opinions for super cold sleepers.
September 05, 5:34pm

All Reader Reviews by d k

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC petite
I liked this mat a lot; the only thing I've liked as much that I've tried is my old Thermarest Deluxe LE which I think is 26 oz, almost 3x the weight of this pad (10.5 oz on my scale). The fa...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
May 20, 3:46pm

Pacific Outdoor Products Insul Mat Max-Thermo
I got this on a Steep and Cheap sale, and so far have only used it twice sleeping on the floor at my parents' house, since my old bedroom has long since been converted to a sewing room for my mom....

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 26, 4:34pm