BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 590 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...59

Forum » Thread

EE Revelation X quilt
I ordered the 30 degree quilt with 20% overfill. Just took it out this week-end, temps were not extreme so I haven't really tested it out, but it's common for me to sleep in a puffy and do...

In GEAR » EE Revelation X 20* quilt - 30% overfill necessary?
July 03, 8:11pm

zems
I found the Zem to pinch/rub on my toes, and to be a bit slidey. I have changed to Sockwas, and found them to be much more comfortable and sturdy than the Zems, and to weigh about the same or less.

In GEAR » Since it has been a while, back to a familiar topic: UL camp shoes
June 27, 1:41pm

lightweight compass
For my navigation class, I was forced to purchase a bulky full-featured compass. I find I like the mirror, it does make readings easier, but it would be nice to have a compass that takes up much l...

In GEAR » Map & compass
June 16, 10:04pm

sil-nylon repair
I do have the sil-nylon kit, but I was just wondering if I could eliminate it. The Tenacious tape sounds like it might be better to carry than duct tape, and certainly would be lighter. I was hop...

In GEAR » tenacious tape on sil-nylon?
June 07, 6:06pm

tenacious tape on sil-nylon?
I can't find anywhere where anyone says with certainty that Tenacious Tape sticks to sil-nylon. Does anyone know, or does one need the specific sil-fix kit?

In GEAR » tenacious tape on sil-nylon?
June 07, 4:57pm

Using Internet for trip planning.
I've been messing around trying to plan a day hike next week-end towards Mt St. Helens, and I'm trying to get current info on what to expect in terms of snow. Trail reports are several wee...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using Internet for trip planning.
June 03, 11:01am

Crystalline worn while snowshoeing
I have this jacket, and used it several times this past winter while snowshoeing. It worked very well for me, quite wind proof, and wasn't a terrible sweatbox either. We were snowshoeing in r...

In GEAR » Marmot Crystalline / Mica as 4-season shell?
May 31, 4:42pm

water purification and cooking
Many good suggestions already, I'll just add: the Miniworks is a very heavy filter, you could save some weight using the Sweetwater microfilter, or possibly the Hyperflow microfilter--if you ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to forum, new to packing light
May 30, 3:18pm

Thanks!
Thanks, Tim! I use a front-loading pack, so a pack liner is not convenient, and I carry everything in stuff sacks for protection here in the rainy PNW. I don't compress my bag to the max, but...

In GEAR » Longterm durability of Enlightened Equipment Revelation X quilt?
May 13, 11:47am

compressing the down
Could someone who has one of these quilts comment on compressing them into a stuff sack? I forgot to ask Tim when I ordered my quilt if anything about the Karo Step Baffles, and the fact you can m...

In GEAR » Longterm durability of Enlightened Equipment Revelation X quilt?
May 13, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am