Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 662 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...67

Forum » Thread

ash disposal
What about ash disposal? My boyfriend and I were hiking in Mt. Rainier National Park last summer, and one fellow in the campsite next to use was using a wood-burning stove. He had it sited correc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 08, 6:06pm

WT and sleeping
I've done both the Wonderland Trail and the Northern Loop. I'm a side/stomach sleeper and a thrasher. Here's what I found for myself. On the Wonderland Trail I used a Neoair pad and ...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input needed from the Ladies
March 08, 9:45am

Don't give up
Count me in as interested in your study. If no love from BPL, Seattle Backpackers on-line magazine would possibly be interested. http://seattlebackpackersmagazine.com/ People who write novel...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How safe is your food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
February 27, 7:00pm

zpacks
I've had both the MLD and the Zpacks mitts. I didn't find the eVent to be all that breathable, I had them on and got enough water inside the mitt to have to empty it. I also found the sea...

In GEAR » Zpacks or MLD Rain Mitts
February 26, 3:52pm

tumalo pants
I've been using the pants, and have liked them. I did e-mail the company and suggest that on the pants with the ankle zippers, that they consider adding a second small pocket to the left thigh...

In GEAR » GoLite Tumalo Jacket and Pants
February 26, 3:47pm

Useful mods?
Ok, I've got Christmas money and tax return money, so I'm itching to buy one of these packs since I saw one on the trail. I'm short but wide, so I'm planning to order the longer hi...

In GEAR » Zpacks Arc Blast users
February 26, 3:43pm

snowshoes
My boyfriend has the Tubbs Flex, finds them very comfortable and easy to use. I have the MSR Lightning Ascents, and find the bindings very, very fiddly. I have just gotten the EVO Tour, and I'...

In GEAR » help with snowshoes
February 06, 4:34pm

arterial flow
The answer about Quik Clot is that yes, it will help to slow arterial flow; that's what it's designed to do. Research study cut the femoral artery on 20 anesthestized pigs; 10 got the quik...

In GEAR » What do you carry for First Aid?
February 02, 2:57pm

kickstarter project
Hi, I don't know if anyone has posted on this product yet, but I learned about a project on Kickstarter that is trying to create an adaptor that allows you to use your trekking poles as 2 out o...

In GEAR » kickstarter project
February 02, 1:07pm

winter emergency gear
@ Robert: I guess I should have been more clear. I was talking about what was in my pack. My rain gear wasn't in my pack; it was on my back! I ordered the Bothy 2, not the Superlight. Re...

In GEAR » winter emergency gear
January 30, 2:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am