Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 649 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...65

Forum » Thread

winter emergency gear
My boyfriend and I were snowshoeing at Mt. Rainier yesterday. It was snowing and quite windy indeed, colder than I've gone out snowshoeing in before too. I was reviewing what I had in my pack...

In GEAR » winter emergency gear
January 28, 12:22pm

single use squeeze packs
If you have a Food Saver, take some of the continuous tube bags. Seal the end, then turn the bag sideways, and seal several channels. Then, load the peanut butter, and seal the tops. Need to mak...

In GEAR » Peanut Butter & Co.- Make your own squeeze packs?
January 23, 11:24am

fats vs carbs for short trips AND weight loss
So I read the discussion about fats and carbs for long-distance travel, and now I'm confused as to what might be my best choice for food on the trail. Right now, I'm essentially eating Pal...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » fats vs carbs for short trips AND weight loss
January 11, 7:20pm

GSI pot gripper
I use this gripper made by GSI. Don't remember the weight, but I cut over the magnet and popped it out, so that made it even lighter.

In GEAR » How goes your going pot gripperless?
December 30, 12:07pm

Tent porch
In muddy or rainy conditions, it's nice to have something to place right in front of the tent door that can be knelt upon, or to put feet while lacing up boots or taking them off. I have been ...

In GEAR » Tent porch
December 28, 1:34pm

measurements
What are the dimensions of the pad? IKEA's web-site doesn't actually tell you. Looks like it might be a useful item, and easy to wipe off, too.

In GEAR » IKEA Sit Pad
December 28, 1:31pm

tarps and bothy bags
I really should regard this as an opportunity to experiment with a tarp, that would be a smart thing to do since I carry one as my emergency shelter. However, fussing around with perfect pitch whi...

In GEAR » temporary shelter for day hiking in PNW
December 18, 8:09am

temporary shelter for day hiking in PNW
I was wondering, do folks carry any sort of shelter while hiking in late fall/early winter in the Olympics or Cascades, that they are in the habit of putting up for a break while they eat lunch or ...

In GEAR » temporary shelter for day hiking in PNW
December 17, 7:14am

Programmable?
Good heavens, I don't know what I'd do with that feature--you'd have to know what to tell the thing to do, and I really have no idea. I've seen folks talk about regulated light, ...

In GEAR » Tikka XP2 CORE
December 10, 6:27pm

Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
This is a moot point, because I'm unlikely to ever test this information out, but I read something in a book on the PCT that bugs me. The author states that he was told to buy shoes one size l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
December 10, 6:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am