BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 577 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...58

Forum » Thread

microfleece full zip
I went through this a year or two ago, trying to find a jacket for my boyfriend. The nearest I could find is a Mountain Hardware Microfleece jacket, for 11-12 ounces, depending on which site you r...

In GEAR » looking for a full zip <=100wt micro fleece jacket
March 21, 7:30pm

Pinterest
Nope, don't know what that is. So are you saying that you can just use regular cake mix and add water, no milk or egg powder addition necessary?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » mug cakes on the trail
March 18, 9:37pm

mug cakes on the trail
So, I've been looking up mug cakes for my boyfriend's birthday, as I want to surprise him on the week-end getaway I'm setting up for him. I encountered this recipe for any flavor mug c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » mug cakes on the trail
March 17, 6:52pm

lined muffin pan
I would use Reynolds aluminum foil muffin liners, in the heaviest muffin pan you can find. I used to bake a traditional Easter Russian bread called Kulick in a coffee can, as that was the closest ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » a small steel can
March 16, 6:28pm

wind pants in PNW
I do pack mine, and where I have used them most is in the shoulder seasons, or muddy conditions. For example, hiking in to Enchanted Valley last summer--misty rain, some outright showers, muddy tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wind Pants not as popular as wind shirt?
March 16, 2:28pm

dehydrating hamburger
Dehydrating hamburger is easy, although it definitely does rehydrate better with 1/2 cup of bread crumbs/pound of hamburger--not Paleo. I've done it without the bread crumbs, and it was more l...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BPL Forum-Created Paleo Cookbook
March 11, 7:09pm

volume of Inov-8 shoes
The thing that drew me to the Inov-8 line is the fact that there are interchangeable insoles that can be used to "customize" the fit of the shoe. My right foot is larger volume than my l...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 11, 2:09pm

birthday
Well, then, he shouldn't have gone ahead and bought the electric bass tuner that I'd already purchased for his birthday, or the electric bass amp that I was going to give him money for! ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
March 05, 7:43pm

Why almond?
So far, I've been unable to find a powdered coconut that is free of casein, which I'm allergic to. I've heard of "vegan" powdered coconut, but so far every one I've seen ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sources for powdered Almond milk
March 05, 7:30pm

cat-holing therapy
I didn't say it made sense, Bob, just that that is what he said yesterday. He should be careful what he says. Now he's getting a titanium poo-trowel for his birthday! Maybe it's ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
March 05, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am