Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 641 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...65

Forum » Thread

Programmable?
Good heavens, I don't know what I'd do with that feature--you'd have to know what to tell the thing to do, and I really have no idea. I've seen folks talk about regulated light, ...

In GEAR » Tikka XP2 CORE
December 10, 6:27pm

Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
This is a moot point, because I'm unlikely to ever test this information out, but I read something in a book on the PCT that bugs me. The author states that he was told to buy shoes one size l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shoes for Pacific Crest Trail
December 10, 6:04pm

Tikka XP2 CORE
Anybody here tried one of these? I like the notion of a rechargeable battery pack, rather than burning through batteries. I've had a Petzl e+lite, and it's ok for emergency use, but for a...

In GEAR » Tikka XP2 CORE
December 08, 4:00pm

six moon designs Traveler
I have the Six Moon Designs Traveler. I have used a large Bear Vault cannister in it. The torso length is adjustable, and I really like the front panel loading feature. If there is only one grip...

In GEAR » Womens Pack for ~30 lbs Loads
December 07, 1:57pm

shock cord alternative
I found the cords too fiddly, and uncomfortable to sleep on. I don't like attaching my quilt to my pad--too much air gaps. So, I found an alternative. I use gros grain ribbon, and sew one of...

In GEAR » Revelation X quilt - recommended way to use shock cord.
December 07, 1:44pm

Blanket
Awesome story, David. Made me tear up. Thanks for sharing it.

In Chaff » Blanket
December 02, 6:20pm

any tips for TOPO?
I received TOPO! for Washington State for my birthday, and have been playing around with it. I'm used to using the Green Trails and Custom Correct maps, which are 1:62,500 and 1:69,000. I'...

In GEAR » any tips for TOPO?
November 30, 6:14am

pots sliding off cannister stoves
The one time I cooked on a cannister stove, I was backpacking with a friend, using her stove, and my pot kept sliding off her stove and dumping water. I was not impressed. I was using a AGG 2 L p...

In GEAR » The New "Worlds lightest cannister stove"?
November 29, 9:49am

lighting your stove
I'm a real wuss when it comes to fire. Holding my lighter near the primer pan makes the flame aim dangerously close to my fingers. Hiking in the PNW, twigs and stuff are often wet and hard to...

In GEAR » Embarrassing noob alky stove question...
November 29, 9:36am

bulk
Don't these particular products take up a lot of room in the pack? I have a set of Frogg Toggs I carry in my car, and seems to me like it isn't very compressible. I use a Marmot Crystalli...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. O2 gear
November 20, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am