Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 608 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...61

Forum » Thread

conditioning and potassium
Well, definitely my conditioning this year is less than it has been--work has been intense and I'm so exhausted that I don't want to get up early to work out on the treadmill. I do drink...

In Philosophy & Technique » Leg Cramps
August 07, 11:05pm

Leg Cramps
I have been having some really, really fierce leg cramps when I backpack--to the point of having to shoot out of the tent and stand up to get them to subside. I haven't had any issues that I c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Leg Cramps
August 07, 1:58pm

Price
I checked this jacket out, because I'd like to support NW cottage manufacturers. The price made me put this in the "no way!" category. I'm not sure if it's the same material...

In GEAR » NW Alpine Eyebright Dyneema jacket
August 07, 1:49pm

carbon fiber tent poles
My boyfriend and I are looking at Easton Mountain Products Kilo 3 tent as a double wall tent that is lighter than our current one. I can't find any reviews anywhere about it, even though it...

In GEAR » carbon fiber tent poles
August 03, 1:53pm

bacon, trichinosis, and dehyrating
Just be aware that the CDC statement on safe preparation of pork states: "Curing (salting), drying, smoking, or microwaving meat does not consistently kill infective worms." Trichinosis ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bacon
August 01, 8:02pm

Sale Pending
sale pending

In Gear Swap » FS: Stratospire 2
July 31, 6:56am

FS: Stratospire 2:SOLD
Have a nearly new Stratospire 2 for sale, has only been taken out twice. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't fit our camping style. $250, has had the seams sealed by Tarptent, silicone stripe...

In Gear Swap » FS: Stratospire 2
July 30, 6:30pm

No Nibs
Dang it, I've got all the ingredients except the nibs! Maybe I'll just substitute chocolate chips to chop up?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » German Chocolate Bars
July 26, 6:57pm

spaghetti squash
Oh, sure, that's what I do at home--in fact, my boyfriend says he prefers the spaghetti squash to the gluten-free noodles I was eating before I started Paleo. I just wasn't sure that they ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BPL Forum-Created Paleo Cookbook
July 26, 4:24pm

Paleo recipes for breakfast and dinner
Ok, I've had a chance to try these a couple of times now and to decide that I like them. To start with, I refer you to www.backpackingchef.com for instructions on how to make pumpkin bark and ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BPL Forum-Created Paleo Cookbook
July 25, 11:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am