BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 572 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...58

Forum » Thread

dehydrating hamburger
Dehydrating hamburger is easy, although it definitely does rehydrate better with 1/2 cup of bread crumbs/pound of hamburger--not Paleo. I've done it without the bread crumbs, and it was more l...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » BPL Forum-Created Paleo Cookbook
March 11, 7:09pm

volume of Inov-8 shoes
The thing that drew me to the Inov-8 line is the fact that there are interchangeable insoles that can be used to "customize" the fit of the shoe. My right foot is larger volume than my l...

In GEAR » Inov-8s
March 11, 2:09pm

birthday
Well, then, he shouldn't have gone ahead and bought the electric bass tuner that I'd already purchased for his birthday, or the electric bass amp that I was going to give him money for! ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
March 05, 7:43pm

Why almond?
So far, I've been unable to find a powdered coconut that is free of casein, which I'm allergic to. I've heard of "vegan" powdered coconut, but so far every one I've seen ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sources for powdered Almond milk
March 05, 7:30pm

cat-holing therapy
I didn't say it made sense, Bob, just that that is what he said yesterday. He should be careful what he says. Now he's getting a titanium poo-trowel for his birthday! Maybe it's ...

March 05, 7:26pm

cat hole therapy
Rob, will having one of your Big Dig trowels make catholing so much fun that my boyfriend will agree to hike somewhere there is no pit toilet? He says that after doing the Wonderland Trail, he doe...

March 05, 7:00pm

cannibal vegans
What does that make vegans who eat vegemite? :( Wouldn't that make them cannibals?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Upcoming trip to Australia--offering to be a pack mule
March 02, 6:29pm

grinding pemmican
Harald, what specifically are you using to grind the dried meat? I do have a local bison producer, need to make contact with them and start using their products. They have jerky available, but ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
March 02, 5:56pm

paleo through hiking
Yeah, I'm not into hunting or fishing, and on a through hike who's got the time? I suspect there'd be a lot of jerky/pemmican, nuts and dried fruits, foraging for veggies if encountere...

March 01, 9:23pm

paleo through hiking
So, Piper, having done a couple thru-hikes, and now experiencing improved performance on the Paleo/Primal diet, can you describe how you might prepare food for a thru hike? I'm trying to wrap ...

March 01, 9:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am