Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 633 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...64

Forum » Thread

lighting your stove
I'm a real wuss when it comes to fire. Holding my lighter near the primer pan makes the flame aim dangerously close to my fingers. Hiking in the PNW, twigs and stuff are often wet and hard to...

In GEAR » Embarrassing noob alky stove question...
November 29, 9:36am

bulk
Don't these particular products take up a lot of room in the pack? I have a set of Frogg Toggs I carry in my car, and seems to me like it isn't very compressible. I use a Marmot Crystalli...

In GEAR » DriDucks vs. O2 gear
November 20, 3:54pm

EMS Power Dry micro fleece vs Patagonia R1
On a backpacking blog I saw a great deal mentioned on EMS's Men's Power Dry Micro Fleece. It talks about it have a grid pattern on the inside. This sounds suspiciously like Patagonia'...

In GEAR » EMS Power Dry micro fleece vs Patagonia R1
November 20, 3:35pm

OR users: torsoflo any good?
I've been wondering about the Torsoflo pitzips on some of the Outdoor Research jackets. On the one hand it looks like a good idea, because one can buckle the hip belt under the shell and allow...

In GEAR » OR users: torsoflo any good?
November 15, 8:21pm

Filling bottles
If you have a farm supply store nearby, look for teat cannulas made by Jorgensen--made to inject medication into cow udders. When connected to a 3 cc syringe, makes filling those tiny dropper bott...

In GEAR » How do you store cream medication on the trail
October 17, 1:11pm

pillow--SOLD
The exped is gone.

In Gear Swap » FS: Women's backpacks and small stuff
October 08, 12:17pm

The weight
Isn't the name deceiving? Yes, you might think it would only weigh a pound, but no, this is a regular.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Pounder
October 08, 12:16pm

vivobarefoot
I have the vivobarefoot without the liners. Do the liners keep dust out? My socks were incredibly dusty after our last hike.

In GEAR » Camp shoes
October 07, 7:43pm

FS: Marmot Pounder
Synthetic sleeping bag, rated at 40 F, but a more realistic rating might be 45-50 F--great for warm weather camping/backpacking. Weighs 1 pound 7 ounces. $50 PM me if interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Pounder
October 07, 4:57pm

FS:Big Agnes Peggy SL, Osprey Atmos 50
I'm selling my regular size BA Peggy. Older bag, Turquoise with yellow stripe, weighs 2 pounds 4 ounces, rated to 15 degrees. Had for several years, stored in a large cotton bag. $175, ri...

In Gear Swap » FS:Big Agnes Peggy SL, Osprey Atmos 50
October 07, 4:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am