Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Diane Pinkers (dipink) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Western Washington
About Me I started backpacking again in 2008, after a long hiatus---I haven't been since I was a kid. Loving learning about a different way to hike---backpacking was no fun when I was a teen-ager, stuff was too heavy! Completed my dream of hiking the Wonderland Trail in 2010, now onto more hikes in the Cascades and Olympics.
StateWashington
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Diane Pinkers

Showing 341 - 350 of 625 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...63

Forum » Thread

FS: Marmot Pounder
Synthetic sleeping bag, rated at 40 F, but a more realistic rating might be 45-50 F--great for warm weather camping/backpacking. Weighs 1 pound 7 ounces. $50 PM me if interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Pounder
October 07, 4:57pm

FS:Big Agnes Peggy SL, Osprey Atmos 50
I'm selling my regular size BA Peggy. Older bag, Turquoise with yellow stripe, weighs 2 pounds 4 ounces, rated to 15 degrees. Had for several years, stored in a large cotton bag. $175, ri...

In Gear Swap » FS:Big Agnes Peggy SL, Osprey Atmos 50
October 07, 4:08pm

FS: Women's backpacks and small stuff
I has a 2010 or 2009 Women's REI Flash 65 for sale, an Osprey Kestrel 38, a air of Goosefeet overboots in Medium, an Exped pillow modified with tie-downs on the side to attach to your sleeping ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Women's backpacks and small stuff
October 07, 2:07pm

backpacking camera
I need a new point and shoot camera for backpacking, because the old one has taken enough abuse that the lens cover no longer operates and there are missing pixels on the video screen. I take a lo...

In GEAR » backpacking camera
October 02, 2:30pm

Cal/mg to the rescue!
On my 6 day backpack, I had *no* leg cramp issues. I don't think I was any better conditioned, as work has been challenging and finding time to exercise has been too. However, I took a calciu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Leg Cramps
September 20, 1:30pm

Don't necessarily want it tied to the pad
I sleep cold, so this may or may not work for you, but I find if I tuck the quilt around me I sleep much more warmly than if I attach to the pad. I do toss and turn quite a bit myself, but haven&#...

In GEAR » hesitant about buying a quilt because I toss and turn a lot
September 19, 7:55pm

Don't forget the hips
I have a short waist and large hips. When I was trying conventional packs, I had to have the women's hipbelt to shape to my hips, otherwise it rubbed, and a short torso. Using ultralight pack...

In GEAR » fact or fiction or marketing hype regarding backpacks for women
September 19, 7:51pm

Neoprene washers
So, those neoprene washers--where are those on the Sawyer? I just got a filter, haven't played with it yet as I'm waiting for an Evernew bag to come to use it with, and I don't remembe...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter Tips
September 12, 8:42pm

polyester vs. nylon bottoms
I usually hike in REI Sahara pants which are nylon. I was thoroughly disgusted with their breathability over a 7 day hike, ending up on the last day hiking out in long johns with rain pants over t...

In GEAR » polyester vs. nylon bottoms
September 12, 7:16am

sawyer performance
Thanks, Greg, that's exactly what I needed. Now to see if I can rig a set-up that's significantly less than my 11 ounce Sweetwater. Shouldn't be too hard. I think I'll need to ge...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
September 02, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Diane Pinkers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Outpace Parka
The Outpace Parka is a decent jacket, but it has some design details that could be better. It sheds rain really well. It is pretty light and packable. Its breathability seems to be fairly good, alth...

In Clothing - Raingear
January 19, 11:54am