Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 341 - 350 of 615 | Page: 1 ...26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ...62

Forum » Thread

Re: How To Refresh DWR On Patagonia Houdini
IIRC, Patagonia's DWR uses the Epic process, which lasts much longer than most DWRs because it's not just a surface finish.

In GEAR » How To Refresh DWR On Patagonia Houdini
March 07, 10:22am

FA guide pants question
Eric are those pants similar in weight to the Paty Rock Guides (I think I've seen you mention that you've had the RGs)? I like the weight of the rock guides but want something that aren...

In GEAR » No new gear in 2012........but........
March 05, 5:52pm

Re: Re: Dirty Girl Gaiter Glue Question?
The velcro that comes with them comes off pretty easy IME. I cut a nice sized piece of new velcro and use seam grip. Use some rubber bands to hold it on nice and tight while it dries.

In GEAR » Dirty Girl Gaiter Glue Question?
March 04, 7:58am

new montbell versalite pants
advertised at 3.6 oz, $109. I suppose they'll be selling lots of those. Might be worth checking out unless you're really set on the Reeds.

In Gear Swap » WTB - GoLite Reeds Large
March 03, 8:01am

Re: Well above treeline
ahh film...beautiful shots. I love the first one. The tent looks so out of place (in a really cool way).

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
March 03, 12:10am

Re: Void
I've been thinking about the same thing recently. I've considered making some for sale as I've made a few mummy bags recently with a design I'm pretty happy with. I've got som...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 02, 11:40pm

Re: Re: Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
Agreed; Id probably replace the down vest and R1 with a hooded puffy jacket. You could be different but I find the R1 way too hot to hike in unless it's very cold.

In GEAR » Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
March 02, 6:58pm

Re: Re: Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
IMO I don't think you need anything extra. I've taken my 30 deg. quilt to 20 many times just with a hooded puffy jacket and a hot water bottle in my bag (makes a big difference). If you&#...

In GEAR » Layer to bring 30 degree bag to 20?
March 02, 5:13pm

Re: Bivy Kit
Jamie S has some excellent instructions on his website. A bivy is a great first project. http://www.lytw8.com/My_Gear.html#LytW8_Bivy

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy Kit
March 02, 8:35am

Nylon thread
Nylon thread is usually slicker than polyester thread and often requires much higher tension. If you can't get enough tension by the tension knob, often (especially on industrial or older &quo...

In Make Your Own Gear » thick thread problems re backpack 0- tips?
February 28, 2:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.