Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 341 - 350 of 422 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

Re: Frameless pack frame +/- sleeping pad ideas (trying to have cake and eat it too)
I've used the MLD Klymit pad with a SMD Swift (internal pad pocket) and it is excellent. It is much stiffer than a Ridgerest and most other ccf pads. I don't think you'd want to use it ...

In GEAR » Frameless pack frame +/- sleeping pad ideas (trying to have cake and eat it too)
July 18, 9:24am

Snuffing
Franco posted a video somewhere of how he snuffs the stove. I use an aluminium tray from a single serving cake or pie. It works well but it's true that the alcohol evaporates quickly. Packafea...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove feedback
June 21, 1:35pm

Re: Re: Reply to Arthur
Multimat have a number of pads that are 1cm and more in thickness, but I don't know how easy they are to find in the States.

In GEAR » Why standard rolled foam pad is bad?
June 05, 7:43am

Reply to Arthur
The Multimat pads never seem to get a mention on BPL, maybe because they're British. I don'tknow if they're available in the States, but they can be bought from here The Adventure mats...

In GEAR » Why standard rolled foam pad is bad?
June 05, 6:27am

Re: Filter advice versus tablet treatment
I believe the Frontier Pro is only good for cysts and some bacteria, so you'd still need purification tablets for viruses and the other bacteria.

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
May 28, 3:57am

Clips
Hi David, I don't need bags as I got some in the last round (thanks Tyler). However, I could do with a couple of clips if you have any left over and are willing to ship USPS 1st Class Internati...

In Gear Swap » FS: Nylofume Bags round 4
May 17, 11:43pm

Re: Re: Never buying cottage again.
Daniel, they've actually been up for sale for more than a month (see http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=62765&skip_to_post=5...

In Chaff » Never buying cottage again.
May 15, 10:06am

Faulty link
The link seems wrong. It should lead to http://andrewskurka.com/2012/demetri-coupounas-golite/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka interviews GoLite President Demetri Coupounas
May 10, 7:23am

Thread hi-jack help
I have the olive drab and I wouldn't want it to let in more light. It may depend on where you hike, though.

In GEAR » Help me choose a color for my future duomid
May 10, 1:53am

Re: Bad Timing
Darren, I seam sealed a Hexamid Solo+. When I hose tested it, I found there was a minute amount of water coming through the mid-level tie outs. It was very slight and only detectable by holding tis...

In GEAR » ZPacks update Hexamid shelters with tape bonding as a default feature!
April 02, 8:59am

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.