Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 341 - 350 of 430 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

Re: fun and priorities
I suspect we're more in agreement than disagreement. I know that "$$$$$ gear doesnt make one any better, stronger, faster, etc ... when you compare it against someone who spends less but g...

In GEAR » cuben fiber, is it worth the extra money.
September 22, 11:25am

Re: Re: Re: fun
Agreed, if you're limited by money, save it for trips rather than gear. But if you have other options, there's no sin in buying cuben. After all, if you have the money, lighter gear can mak...

September 22, 10:57am

Re: fun
So are they the only 2 options?

September 22, 10:46am

Re: Water resistant down now available at ZPacks
Apparently, higher fill powers are also available to manufacturers, but only with a minimum order of $25,000.

In GEAR » Water resistant down now available at ZPacks
September 20, 9:54am

Water resistant down now available at ZPacks
ZPacks has just listed water resistant down as an option with their bags and quilts. 800 FP.

In GEAR » Water resistant down now available at ZPacks
September 20, 9:08am

Re ZPacks announced "Long" Hexamid Shelter!
@ Eugene. Looking at the photos, I don't think that it's merely a Solo+ with added pole cups (which are available individually from the website, incidentally) but the tarp itself has been r...

In GEAR » ZPacks announced "Long" Hexamid Shelter!
August 14, 1:06am

Link
Nm, beaten to it.

In GEAR » zpacks double quilt
August 13, 8:24am

@ Anat
My wife uses the 20 degree bag (with 1 oz overstuffing IIRC). She sleeps very cold. A couple of weeks ago we were camped at over 3000 metres in the Aladaglar mountains in Turkey. The temperature wa...

In GEAR » ZPacks Sleeping Bag - a Side Sleeper's Dream Bag!
July 31, 7:25am

Re: Frameless pack frame +/- sleeping pad ideas (trying to have cake and eat it too)
I've used the MLD Klymit pad with a SMD Swift (internal pad pocket) and it is excellent. It is much stiffer than a Ridgerest and most other ccf pads. I don't think you'd want to use it ...

In GEAR » Frameless pack frame +/- sleeping pad ideas (trying to have cake and eat it too)
July 18, 9:24am

Snuffing
Franco posted a video somewhere of how he snuffs the stove. I use an aluminium tray from a single serving cake or pie. It works well but it's true that the alcohol evaporates quickly. Packafea...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove feedback
June 21, 1:35pm

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.