BPL Community Profile

William Chilton (WilliamC3) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Antakya
About Me William Chilton has not added a biography yet.
CountryTurkey

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Chilton

Showing 341 - 350 of 391 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

Re: hexamid pitched to the ground?
You could get Joe to put add a peak vent, which being high up might be better than leaving a gap at the top of the door. The beak doesn't come all the way to the ground by the way, but ends a c...

In GEAR » hexamid pitched to the ground?
February 24, 12:23am

Re: SOTMR Thoughts
Dan Said "Although there's some awesome 2 person trekking pole supported shelters out there, I'd focus on 1 person shelters because a trekking pole design often works better for one pe...

In GEAR » When is the Tent SOTMR coming out?
February 17, 1:09am

Re: zpacks and bag length
I also have the 20 degree bag in medium, but mine measures 5'5" for the external length. Is it possible that yours is the long, Anthony? That should be 4" longer. I got 1 oz of overf...

In Editor's Roundtable » Crazy for Quilts – How Quilts Became My Sleep System of Choice, PLUS A Review of My Favorite, the Stateless Society Custom Quilt
February 12, 7:51am

Re: Which part?
It is easy to pick up transport at many points along the Lycian Way. I would suggest considering doing several sections rather than choosing one half or the other.

In Post-Trip Reports » Turkey's Lycian Way and Saint Paul Trail
February 01, 12:26pm

Re: A few musings...
"Second thought on bias... somehow I have a feeling that Chris and Ryan really wanted to like this pack before using it, and I get a sense that this may impact their objectiveness. I may be wr...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 13, 2:58am

Re: Re Strange preface
"Some people like a review/article/story with edge/flair/personality, some don't." Flair and personality, I like; edge I can do with out in a review. Douglas was spot on, in my opi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 1:25pm

Re: Shangri-La 2 Shelter Big Enough for 2 People?
You're both about the same size as my wife and me. We find there's plenty of room.

In GEAR » Shangri-La 2 Shelter Big Enough for 2 People?
January 11, 1:05pm

Getting lightweight shoes wet
Hi Mike I hope the Turkey trip went well. One of the things I like about lightweight footwear is that you don't have to worry about getting it wet, at least outside of the coldest months. Wal...

In GEAR » Need help converting from hiking boots to something lighter
January 09, 2:47am

Re: International travelling
Or, as an alternative to Mike's/Paddy's idea, some countries have reasonably-priced left luggage offices at bus stations and train stations. Also, if you stay at a smallish hotel on your fi...

In GEAR » Need help converting from hiking boots to something lighter
January 06, 10:29am

Orux maps
I like Orux Maps, but that's partly because I live where no topo maps are available so I like the ability to work with OSM and Google Earth offline.

In GEAR » Android apps - your favorites?
January 05, 1:17pm

All Reader Reviews by William Chilton

William Chilton has posted no reviews.