BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 341 - 350 of 353 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Re: No Battery Flashlights
Painful. I will gratefully stub my toes in the dark for 2 hours as I search for spare batteries. These ‘shake’ and wind-up lights I see good as a last resort, and I mean last resort as when ...

In GEAR » No Battery Flashlights
May 12, 1:06pm

Re: Bug Booties?
Since I’m mostly a sandal hiker, this is an item I do worry about. I wear a thin coolmax sock that that has been sprayed with permethrin. Mosquitoes and ticks sure hate it! -Barry

In GEAR » Bug Booties?
May 12, 12:51pm

Re: Water purifying query:
Usually, purifying means it can also kill viruses. Most filters do not. However, that’s usually not a risk in the US. Or if you want to be safe, use UV or some type of chloride treatment. Some...

In GEAR » Water purifying query:
May 07, 12:27pm

FS: Women's ProLite 4 Therm-a-Rest Pad
I bought Joan woman’s prolite 4. She packaged it well and it was in excellent shape. Thank you! -Barry

In Gear Swap » FS: Women's ProLite 4 Therm-a-Rest Pad
April 30, 8:08am

Re: Re: Titanium vs Aluminum
“Choose whichever is lighter” I’ve used the AGG pot several times: 3.8oz w/ lid plus 1.2oz handle = 5.0oz I’ve used the Titan Kettle several times 4.2oz with handle Both have abo...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
April 23, 1:10pm

"WM Highlite FS"
in line after coldspring :)

In Gear Swap » WM Highlite FS
April 16, 10:10am

"Sandals/Hybrids? Keen,Teva, hiking, water sports, pos/neg experiences-recommendations"
The following is just my personal experience (and by watching others): I just think anything with a toe box increases the risk of blisters, bacteria, hammer toe, blackened toenails, and other ai...

In GEAR » Sandals/Hybrids? Keen,Teva, hiking, water sports, pos/neg experiences-recommendations
April 11, 2:07pm

Re: Which One?
I usually use my sleeping bag stuff sack and fill it with socks, etc., But sometimes, when I’m in the mood for more comfort, I also use the flexair--- dual chamber (0.9oz). I put a 1” thick o...

In GEAR » Which One?
April 10, 9:29am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fenix Zebralight H50-Q5 Headlamp
“I might pick up one of the H30s when they come out in a few days,” Good news: they’re here: http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=184 Bad news: They ...

In GEAR » Fenix Zebralight H50-Q5 Headlamp
April 07, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fenix Zebralight H50-Q5 Headlamp
“My big concern, however, is the warning from their website on the use of Lithium AAAs;…” If you’re talking about zebralight, they state “One AA alkaline, NiMH rechargeable or lithium....

In GEAR » Fenix Zebralight H50-Q5 Headlamp
April 04, 1:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.