BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 341 - 350 of 365 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

Re: Rainbow cross pole
Interesting that you would mention the Phreeranger/Phreerunner. A UK customer of ours sent me a photo and description of the Phreeranger a few months ago--long after the Rainbow design was finishe...

In GEAR » Rainbow or Lunar Solo e
February 21, 12:40pm

Re: TarpTent Rainbow in Japan
>My only gripe is with the hood over the back window... as in so many tent companies' designs (including Hilleberg) the stiffening strip doesn't hold its shape well. When the wind is blowing or the...

In GEAR » TarpTent Rainbow in Japan
February 17, 12:12pm

Re: Re: World first. Double Rainbow pics
Hi Chris, No fish stories from me, Franco's double Rainbow is ingenious but not quite what I have in mind for the Double Rainbow. It sure does, however, look like a nice place to spend an after...

In GEAR » World first. Double Rainbow pics
February 12, 10:29pm

Re: more floor fu
Hi Jaime, Our fault for confusing language. The "hybrid" part of the floor design isn't that it's detachable from the tent body altogether but rather that the floor walls clip up to and unclip ...

In GEAR » TT Rainbow in action
February 04, 11:48pm

Re: Re: TT Rainbow in action
Hi Mitchell, I don't think stake length really makes any difference on the Rainbow. I will say that with respect to headroom near the perimeter stake length would not be applicable anyway becaus...

February 03, 5:23pm

Re: Rainbow - Vestibule and Condensation
Yes, Franco I annoint you the official Tarptent Goodwill Ambassador for the Land Down Under. Your duties include Roo collecting, tramping throught the bush, and, of course, discovering and publish...

February 02, 10:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: TT Rainbow in action
Hi Paul, I think the floored vs. floorless issues are the same as for any of our other models. For floorless, just like any tarp camping, best practice is to stay away from driplines and try to ...

February 02, 1:50pm

Re: Re: TT Rainbow in action
The vestibule "gap", when the Rainbow is used with trekking poles, is 10" above ground (at the pullout connection to the guyline) and 20" out from the netting wall/door / 24" from the floor edge. ...

February 02, 12:45pm

Re: Re: Kevin and Paul!
No, I think Franco took me up on my offer for a free Rainbow and is on his way here to deliver my 2-foot Roo. Can't wait!!! I'm working on my "Beware of Roo" sign right now.

In GEAR » Rainbow passes Aussie inspection
January 18, 9:16pm

Re: Rainbow passes Aussie inspection
I want one!!!! First person to deliver a 2-ft 'Roo to my front door gets a free Rainbow. -H

In GEAR » Rainbow passes Aussie inspection
January 17, 1:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm