BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3391 - 3400 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ...369

Forum » Thread

Sevylor Trail Boat
$51.70 plus shipping, with google checkout at buy.com

In Gear Deals » Sevylor Trail Boat
November 29, 8:32am

Boot volume
Do you think the NEOS overshoes will fit within the allowable volume in the straps?

In Editor's Roundtable » Yowie Snowshoes REVIEW
November 27, 8:02pm

Re: Pants! Pants! Pants!
Nathan, do more research on the Montbells before you buy. From everything I have read, they are not very breathable as compared to Montane wind pants. Any non-wind hiking pants with mesh are going ...

In GEAR » Lightest, most breathable pants?
November 26, 3:22am

Re: SUL and Enviornment
I don't see SUL as any more environmentally positive than UL backpacking. Maybe I have SUL envy? I'll look into a pill for that. Going light brings simplicity. Simplicity brings awareness. Aware...

In Philosophy & Technique » SUL and Enviornment
November 25, 1:13pm

Re: Re: re:Bias in writing
PJ, Brett is probably using the Injinji Tetrasock. http://injinji.com/tetratsok/outdoor.htm

In GEAR » Bias in writing
November 22, 7:50am

Re: re:Organizing your outdoor gear
Before I started backpacking my living space was neat, but now it's similar to how sarbar describes her bedside...pile of stuff. Bretts pic will hopefully inspire me to get off my rear and get more...

In GEAR » Organizing your outdoor gear
November 22, 7:44am

Re: Re: Re: GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
Dallas...ah, didn't notice we were neighbors.

In GEAR » GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
November 22, 7:37am

Re: SUL Gear List
What parts of the pack did you cut off to lose 5 oz from it? I predict you will get cold.

In Gear Lists » SUL Gear List
November 22, 7:31am

Re: Question about caffeine products sold on this site
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/10/27/energy.drinks.ap/index.html With the increasing abuse of caffeine, at some point a death may very well be blamed on the drug.

In GEAR » Question about caffeine products sold on this site
November 21, 5:11pm

Re: GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
Mine goes in a Golite Dawn first against the back. Next goes in a liner next to the pad. Gear goes in liner. Works great!

In GEAR » GG Nightlight / ULA Conduit
November 21, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm