Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3391 - 3400 of 3884 | Page: 1 ...331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ...389

Forum » Thread

MLD site
I've had trouble with the MLD site over the past month. Several times the store section has not worked and the rest of the site has been quite slow.

In GEAR » MLD website down?
October 01, 6:16pm

FeatherFire
If you want to fry, grab yourself a FeatherFire alcohol stove by Packafeather. I have one, they work great. Just fry in a HAA pot (rather than ti) if you don't want to lug a frying pan along. ...

In GEAR » Cooking real food: a light stove for frying
October 01, 6:14pm

Purchased
Got one...thanks!

In Gear Swap » WTB: Silnylon Tarp (or Cuben)
October 01, 6:12pm

Price
Hmm....on the Hilleberg site it lists the MSRP for the Tarp 10UL at $170. Presumably that's USA dollars, which is worth about $185 Cdn right now. I guess Hilleberg is a bit behind on their curr...

In Gear Swap » FS: Hilleberg Tarps, Windsacks, Bivanoraks
October 01, 2:48pm

Tarp
I'm interested in this tarp. Shoot me a PM if you read this b/c I can't PM you since you don't have it set up.

In Gear Swap » For sale:Equinox tarp, golite poncho
October 01, 1:26pm

WTB: Silnylon Tarp (or Cuben)
I'm looking to pick up a light, affordable tarp...probably silnylon but I'm open to something in cuben too if it's not too expensive. I just need a basic tarp for setting up when it&...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Silnylon Tarp (or Cuben)
October 01, 1:19pm

Re: Rockies gear list
The Thermawrap parka uses signficantly warmer insulation than the Thermawrap jkt (80g/m2 vs 50g/m2). Maybe give this a shot. Thoughts: 1) 11oz for sleeping clothes? Is there any of your other...

In Gear Lists » Rockies gear list
September 30, 11:51pm

Guitar
The one in the case is a Taylor Big Baby. The one you can see leaning against the case is a cheap Yamaha that has had the neck snapped clean in two twice. Both times I glued it back together with w...

In GEAR » Updated Mont-Bell UL Down Jacket
September 30, 11:00pm

Updated Wms Parka
After returning the old version because it was too short, my wife ordered the new version after MontBell said the cut was about 1 inch longer. This arrived today. The cut is indeed longer. I wou...

In GEAR » Updated Mont-Bell UL Down Jacket
September 30, 5:03pm

Tough Crowd
Tough crowd in this thread.

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear - A Titanium Potty Trowel
September 30, 4:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm