BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3381 - 3390 of 3614 | Page: 1 ...330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: Esbits
I know someone that bought the star cooker at an emergency preparedness store in Idaho.

In GEAR » Other Esbit Stove Designs
September 26, 11:27am

Re: Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
Yes, very surprising we'd hear about it in a British magazine before anything is available to subscribers to either the US magazine or this site.

In GEAR » Arctic 1000 Gear List and Evaluations
September 25, 7:39am

Re: PDF file problem
Hey. I can stop a download to the hard drive with mac and safari, but I cannot stop an in-browser (to be seen with plug in) download.

In Make Your Own Gear » nightlight pad modification
September 21, 12:00pm

Risk versus benefit
A few points of debate below: The good doctors principles for finding safe drinking water seem largely impractical for those persons visiting an area that do not have the time or resources to go...

In Editor's Roundtable » Sipping the Waters: Techniques for Selecting Untreated Backcountry Water for Drinking
September 21, 8:03am

Re: oops?
What Mark means is that the link is to a file that may download to your computer or, in my case, will tie up the computer until it fully downloads. The link is not to a webpage. In this case the fi...

In Make Your Own Gear » nightlight pad modification
September 21, 7:34am

Re: GoLite Virga now available
It has no pit zips?....

In GEAR » GoLite Virga now available
September 18, 11:28am

Re: Another UL camp shoe
Good find Dale.

In GEAR » Another UL camp shoe
September 16, 7:47pm

Re: How to Fill a Platypus?
Zip lock bag or drag it through the water several times.

In GEAR » How to Fill a Platypus?
September 16, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Breezers
Yep, I gotta think about those things being follicularly (and melanocytically) challenged and all. I forgot to mention, I burned through the mesh of an LTM3....not bad, but it happened. I do like t...

In GEAR » Tilley Hat-Mesh or Not?
September 13, 10:54am

Re: Breezers
Regarding the breezer, for guys that are losing their hair on top I am not sure even that small mesh is really safe for their scalp skin. Thoughts?

In GEAR » Tilley Hat-Mesh or Not?
September 13, 7:33am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm