Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3351 - 3360 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorium on
I third the motion. We have a quorum.

In Gear Deals » Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorum on
January 23, 11:17am

Re: Re: Re: Tarp/Bivy - Gatewood Cape
1. Don't set it up in mud puddles.

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp/Bivy advice needed.
January 23, 11:11am

Re: Re: Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
I hear ya. The most common time I hear people complain about cold feet is while sleeping in their mummy bags with one inch of down over their head. This means, to me, that most cold feet issues whi...

In GEAR » Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
January 21, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
Nothing against Pete, but I think the old saying of putting hats on to make the feet warm is still another cold weather camping myth. Do the things Michael mentioned and see if that helps.

In GEAR » Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
January 21, 12:03pm

Re: ULA Amp...Image, etc
What would people put in the side pockets? They look sorta short. Would it hold a liter water bottle? Maybe the bottle would be meant to go also under that compression strap?

In GEAR » ULA Amp...Pics, etc
January 20, 10:08pm

Winter White-Out Safety
Please give your opinions on safety measures during white-out conditions while away from basecamp. In addition to map, compass, gps (and knowing how to use them), what would you use to mark the tra...

In Winter Hiking » Winter White-Out Safety
January 20, 10:53am

Re: Reverse Gear List
Shelter, warmth, and water. Food would help.

In Gear Lists » Reverse Gear List
January 20, 7:09am

Re: Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
Is the mp3 file size correct? I get about 14 MB. Nice podcast.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Sub-3 on the PCT with Glen Van Peski
January 18, 11:38am

My guess on colors...
Grease- grey Tempest- blue Avocado- bright green Iris- purple Burnt orange- burnt orange Lip- red Palm- light green Crimson- crimson red

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 16, 8:23am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Colors?
So you guys getting the ion don't care about outside pockets? I guess Plesko is used to it having used the REI flash UL. It would force use of platypus type water holders and not bottles huh?

In GEAR » New Golite Line NOW for sale
January 15, 6:24pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm