BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3341 - 3350 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight in the icebox
Robert, yes active sweating will be minimized in cold weather until the exercise raises your body temperature slightly to induce active sweating. A vapor barrier does not, in my opinion, result...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 04, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day
PJ, it appears wikipedia agrees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion P.S. I got caught masticating at work this morning and I wasn't even embarassed!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 04, 7:47am

Re: Observations point to the Obvious
how long is recorded history...a hundred years?

In Philosophy & Technique » I like nature- I am a dirty, crunchy, organic-eating, bike-riding hippie.
January 03, 10:43pm

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox
I don't think the below sentence is accurate. Human skin does not sweat in response to "sensing" humidity differentials between "outside" and "inside". "...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 03, 2:55pm

Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Some "accuracy trusted" articles below. http://thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=12&cid=39

January 03, 2:34pm

Re: Yeah...
I did end up finding something to get..some pack liners and water tablets.

In GEAR » I was all pumped but...
January 02, 3:09pm

Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Ask him for his food list for that trip. I imagine calorie dense foods with a few snacks between meals to keep the hunger pangs down.

January 02, 3:47am

Re: reply
Did you consider pyramid or similar shapes like the golite hex, oware pyramd, MSR twin peaks?

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 01, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Pulk Sled
Alec, did you decide to stay with that size pulk? It does seem like it's small for winter gear. When is your race?

In Winter Hiking » Pulk Sled
January 01, 6:23pm

Re: I was all pumped but...
Yep. stuff went fast. I waited too long to get a few small things. Maybe next time. What sucks too is they won't allow backorders. I was gonna get a firesteel and a Nalgene pen.

In GEAR » I was all pumped but...
December 31, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm