Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
Golite Ion? I thought it was panel loading, but it's not.

In GEAR » suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
March 26, 7:36am

Ginsu
Only the best for me....Ginsu!

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 25, 8:34pm

Make your own water belt
I used a 1 liter soft-side Nalgene, with a strap though the cap loop and stand-up bottom, to put around one shoulder and across my torso while snowshoeing to have water near my body that would not ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make your own water belt
March 25, 12:22pm

Re: Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel<br>Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm
"The skin is a highly sensitive organ that likes the air temperature around it to be about 75 °F (72 °F for the hands and feet, and about 78 °F for the head and neck) and a relative humidit...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel
Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm

March 23, 3:41pm

Re: Dessert night time food storage?
The people I hike with in the desert like to place their food bag in the middle of a cactus group, like prickly pair.

In Philosophy & Technique » Dessert night time food storage?
March 23, 7:53am

Re: Dropping Pounds
Most calories are burned when your body is working to produce energy. That means while active, not while at rest. If most calories were burned at rest and recovery, we would all have to wake up at ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » dropping pounds
March 22, 2:53pm

Re: Cottage Industry
http://texas.sierraclub.org/dallas/newletter_archives/2005-nov/outingscorner.asp There are some here that I listed in 11/2005

In GEAR » Cottage Industry
March 22, 1:04pm

Re: Wallet
I use a fishing license holder from Walmart...fishing section.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wallet
March 15, 7:09am

Re: Diminshing Returns?
Base weight does include the pack weight so you cannot be SUL without buying one of those packs unless you are going to skimp on something else important and therefore put yourself at a higher safe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Diminshing Returns?
March 13, 8:09pm

Re: Waterproof light over mittens
http://thepacka.com/index_files/Page429.html silnylon shell mittens.

In GEAR » Waterproof light over mittens
March 12, 7:30am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm