BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Extreme but effective condensation prevention in a bivy or single wall shelter?
If I was using a standalone bivy, I would want an oversized piece of fabric with shock cord in the neck area so I could close off the body area from the head area (of the bivy). Hoodless sleeping b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Extreme but effective condensation prevention in a bivy or single wall shelter?
February 13, 7:56am

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox: Post-Trip Report
I like the use of duct tape for nose cover. Who needs Labiosan...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox: Post-Trip Report
February 06, 10:14pm

Re: Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
no podcast link...not the talon review...lol

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
February 06, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re. GPS
Someone is selling a geko 301 for $150 on backpacking.net.

In GEAR » Time for Ben to Enter 21st Century?
February 03, 11:47am

Re: ULA Amp...Image, etc
Why no sternum strap? Nice pack.

In GEAR » ULA Amp...Pics, etc
February 01, 11:30am

Re: SAC moratorium???
Awe now...don't tell on me. I've been surfing some knarly websites all day. Lackadaisical said: "apparently you guys all go to bed early and 'surf' at work. How about a mor...

In Gear Deals » Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorum on
January 23, 2:47pm

Re: Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorium on
I third the motion. We have a quorum.

In Gear Deals » Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorum on
January 23, 11:17am

Re: Re: Re: Tarp/Bivy - Gatewood Cape
1. Don't set it up in mud puddles.

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarp/Bivy advice needed.
January 23, 11:11am

Re: Re: Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
I hear ya. The most common time I hear people complain about cold feet is while sleeping in their mummy bags with one inch of down over their head. This means, to me, that most cold feet issues whi...

In GEAR » Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
January 21, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
Nothing against Pete, but I think the old saying of putting hats on to make the feet warm is still another cold weather camping myth. Do the things Michael mentioned and see if that helps.

In GEAR » Idea's for lowerbody warmth?
January 21, 12:03pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm