Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 4341 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...435

Forum » Thread

bags
for 20F NF cat's meow ... 1200g ... 19F en-rated ... ive used mine down to those temps fine ... wait for a sick sale shouldnt cost you more than $150 or less MH ultralamina 15F for 30F...

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag recommendations?
December 21, 1:25pm

skeena
mike the new skeena is event on the top and dryskin on the bottom ... it should be quite breathable and water resistant as a note the EB FA frontpoint is something that ive heard good things ...

In GEAR » Which softshell for winter climbing in the Canadian Rockies?
December 21, 1:13pm

bump
same sale ... but buy the cute doggay ....

In Gear Deals » More EB- 50% off on select outerwear
December 21, 6:29am

volume
in the recent BPL tests the packs that were closest to their claimed volume were jansport and montbell the least closest were ULA, golite, GG and rei part of it is a lack of standard measurem...

In GEAR » How accurate are manufacturer volume numbers?
December 21, 5:28am

sweat
my first time i hiked in a down jacket it was around -15C weather if i remember correctly ... sadly it was also my main insulation ... back then i didnt know any better. .. so i sweated, unzipp...

In GEAR » Chilly Weather Moisture Management
December 21, 5:07am

camp
laura ive heard from others that its not very breathable, being more of an emergency piece for boo boos course thats all anecdotal ....

In GEAR » Best windshirt.
December 20, 11:55pm

richard
thats not my experience with sweating in down ... ive sweated in down before in the winter ... at that point when its soaked, they just stay soaked once i was lucky it was a day trip, or hypoth...

December 20, 9:42pm

dry fit
josh ... nike dry fit, underarmor or the cheap walmart equivalent ... windshirt over if its windy enough to be a problem, ventilate the windshirt with the zipper wear one and bring the thicke...

December 20, 9:11pm

dead bird
i have the dead bird gamma sv hoodie ... personally i find i overheat in it unless its pretty cold .. itll work OK if yr climbing below -10C in the rockies, but youll overheat on the approaches

In GEAR » Which softshell for winter climbing in the Canadian Rockies?
December 20, 9:05pm

expert
i am definitely no expert ... here are what the REAL experts say ... http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/articles/view/the_comfort_game http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/physed/research/people...

December 20, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm