BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 3983 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...399

Forum » Thread

crush
derek ..assuming sufficient ground insulation i dont see why you can't just use the jacket as a tight blanket in yr bag, thus not wasting the crushed down in fact, with the prevalence of BPL...

In GEAR » MEC Reflex
November 16, 11:34pm

fine
josh you should be fine for PNW with what you have ... if you want mitts with flexibility you can buy those cheap fleece fingerless gloves that have a mitt cover at a big box store

In Gear Deals » OR PL 400 Fleece mit $20 + $7 shipping
November 16, 7:55pm

standing canister
1. sleep with it or hike with the canister in yr jacket 2. use a windscreen ... there are articles on BPL on how to do so at yr own risk ... the reflected heat will warm the canister 3. do yo...

In GEAR » Stove for winter backpacking
November 16, 7:43pm

lube
i just coat the heads and spike with the same wax based lube i use for my cams you could also use wd40 ... just make sure it doesnt get on any of the slings

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ice axe fitting
November 16, 7:36pm

r1
for winter climbing r1 or the equivalent ... its warmer, breathes well and dries quickly ... and is very durable stinkiness just keeps away the polar bears ... you want something that drie...

In GEAR » Patagonia R1 or Ibex Indie?
November 16, 6:55pm

yuuuum
in a survival situation bugs are just extra protein ... lol

In Gear Deals » Tarp for survival
November 16, 6:52pm

35F
I had a Summerlite, and It was a nice bag... I sleep cold, and found that I was quite a bit chilled at 30F with an UL down inner jacket and thin merino leggings and merino ankle socks. I would have...

In GEAR » Summerlite vs. Highlite
November 16, 6:39pm

amk bivy bag
watch the cute survival chick review the amk bivy ... i use this in case cute chicks wanna bivy with me in the summer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQPeFeT7Foc and the bivy 2.0 http://www...

In Gear Deals » Tarp for survival
November 16, 6:26pm

ascent
i got too excited when i saw mt hood ... i thought that we'd get to see a summit push ;)

In Editor's Roundtable » September Around Mount Hood
November 16, 4:08pm

reflex
mike ... i was able to fit a helmet under when i tried it on depends how big yr head is i guess ... cant remeber about the pockets, i never use em anyways the reflex uses a 15D shell and has min...

In GEAR » MEC Reflex
November 16, 3:01pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm