BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 3919 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...392

Forum » Thread

clammy
the clammy feeling is overated ... as chances are for youll be a bit damp anyways from exertion even if you dont use it, if yr in really cold temps i recommend bring food handling gloves and 2 ...

In Gear Lists » Winter Clothing List for Ontario, Canada Backpacking
November 12, 11:42am

Mitts
The cheapest walmart mitt is warmer than the best arcteryx glove given roughly the same fill the shared warmth of the fingers ...

In Gear Deals » OR PL 400 Fleece mit $20 + $7 shipping
November 11, 8:55pm

Bivy
I use a heatsheets bivy as well, works decently an its cheap the other thing i do is put my synthetic clothing on top of the bag in the hope that the dew point will move there instead of within ...

In GEAR » Use of VBL
November 11, 8:46pm

pyramid
i looking at a pyramid shelter ... likely Duomid the SL2 seems to be a bit heavier ... is it better though?

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La 2 Shelter: Keep it Simple Stupid
November 11, 3:04pm

Gore-Tux Formal Wear
for those occasions on the trail where youll be hitting 3 star michelin restaurants for dinner ... yuppies ... http://veilance.arcteryx.com/Product.aspx?EN/Mens/SS02-Blazer Climbers seekin...

In GEAR » Gore-Tux Formal Wear
November 11, 2:49pm

soaking
the key isnt the soaking ... ive had synth jackets soaked before ... and they still feel cold, though no where as cold as wet down ... remember that any water will draw away heat ... they key is...

In GEAR » Too much down?
November 11, 2:38pm

5-6 oz of 800 fill down
something with 5-6 oz of 800 fill down ... alpine light down is the very lightest id consider taking into the mid/high 20s by itself ... i have a westcomb kokanee which is a tad warmer for those...

In GEAR » Supplementing Mont bell thermawrap
November 11, 2:25pm

sign me up for everest
they must be going to everest with those packs ... lol

In On the Web » West Coast Trail and What to Bring
November 11, 2:14pm

household pet
got one ? ;)

In GEAR » Washing a pack?
November 11, 2:04pm

a bit much
i think you have too much on the top ... you would overheat on the move while wearing yr midlayers and yr softshell ... chances are some of that will go in the pack if you can experience thes...

In Gear Lists » Winter Clothing List for Ontario, Canada Backpacking
November 11, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm