Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3311 - 3320 of 4317 | Page: 1 ...323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ...432

Forum » Thread

climbing bums
note that a lot of climbers will use heat exchangers for routes where melting snow is needed steve house used it on his first ascent of the rupal face on nanga parbat ... this is on the route wh...

In GEAR » what size pot for melting snow (for 2)
December 18, 2:14pm

down
was yr down wet or the dampness freeze inside yr bag rather than the outside if you ventilated as well as possible, all that moisture has to go somewhere ... short of using a full VBL ... its no...

In GEAR » Comments and questions on my recent winter trip (Uintahs)
December 18, 2:00pm

cold
as other have mentioned - do not sleep with wet socks on yr feet ... take them off and dry them under yr armpits - get FAT before sleeping ... beefsteak does wonders - pair up the neoair with a...

In GEAR » Why am I still cold with this winter quilt?
December 18, 1:56pm

over n under
note that CC could also be looking it from a comfort and durability perspective ... for which the neo on top makes sense i dont think it matters much either way

In GEAR » Neoair and Z lite for winter Cmaping
December 18, 1:38pm

evilness
patrick ... i am about to reveal to you the true evilness of the dead bird mind ... would you be able to resist a 99$ goretex with a dead bird logo??? whatever you do .... dont come to van wi...

In GEAR » New down coat.
December 17, 8:43pm

yuppie
top, bottoms, fleeces, insulated jackets .. those are just the dead birds ... never mind my other stuff ... or my climbing gear i told myself that i "needed" it all when it was %50 ...

In GEAR » New down coat.
December 17, 8:19pm

backcountry
patrick ... if you got it from backcountry they should take care of you ... their service is pretty good you can always resist ... if you dont you end up like me with too many dead birdies

In GEAR » New down coat.
December 17, 8:00pm

price
as a note i can find these on sale for $100 off at my local EB ... hmmmmmm

In GEAR » EB's Frontpoint soft / hard shell
December 17, 7:52pm

quackers
no down jacket is "downproof" ... my westcomb, EB, mammut, montbell, etc ... all lose the occasional feather with eb you can just swap it ... with the others, if it gets bad call custo...

In GEAR » New down coat.
December 17, 7:51pm

losing pack
not unknown to become seperated from you pack in winter ... it could come off if you fall in a river, in an avalanche, slide down the slope when you set it down, etc .... in winter could be dead...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » losing pack
December 17, 1:38am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm