BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3301 - 3310 of 3660 | Page: 1 ...322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ...366

Forum » Thread

Re: Apple iPhone - Internet in your pocket
I want a satellite text messaging device : ).

In GEAR » Apple iPhone - Internet in your pocket
January 10, 6:45pm

Re: Re: Apple iPhone - Internet in your pocket
3 G is third generation broadband capabilities in the phone. It will be added later. Got that off CNN. People are griping about battery life too in a device that includes a phone.

In GEAR » Apple iPhone - Internet in your pocket
January 10, 8:20am

Re: Re: Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
You simply cut the WM lofts in half for an approximate of what they are posting above.

In GEAR » Speaking of Loft (Sleeping Bags)
January 10, 7:45am

Re: How to reduce your pack weight
A mesh vest with lots of pockets in front/back. Then you could size up a rain jacket and it would probably fit over your gear.

In GEAR » How to reduce your pack weight
January 10, 7:36am

Re: Re: Re: Northern Lites Snowshoes: 25" or 30"?
Dondo, on most trailrunners I don't see a good area in the heel for the back snowshoe strap. Do you need to buy special trail runners for snowshoeing?

In Winter Hiking » Northern Lites Snowshoes: 25" or 30"?
January 08, 10:07pm

Re: Re: Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
Michael, sorry I missed this question. I have not seen the breakdown between lungs and skin. If I run across something in my websurfing, I'll post it. A theoretical exercise puts a little mo...

In GEAR » Vapo barriers, condensation and bivies
January 06, 7:06pm

Re: Man Vs. Wild
In the rockies episode, he ate that snake right by where he slept. An animal comes into camp because of that mistake and he got scared and bolted in the middle of the night. He admitted not having ...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
January 06, 1:19pm

Re: Interesting points about pyramids
I would not consider those shelters bombproof. Though they are pretty storm-worthy, I do not think they are on the level of mountaineering tents. They would probably deflect more than flap in the w...

In GEAR » Hex 3: why so heavy compared to OWare?
January 06, 2:12am

Re: Re: BPLRank???? What dat?
Length of time a member and degree of participation in forums.

In Make Your Own Gear » BPLRank???? What dat?
January 05, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day
My hiking motto is...JUST EAT! All that worrying about ratios and such is nonsense to me. My snickers bars rule. Check the arctic 1000 on their food. They ate more junk food than you can shake a st...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 04, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm