BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 331 - 340 of 374 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

Light
Petzl e+lite. Less than an ounce, has red and white light. It provides more than enough light for anything I've ever needed. Unless you are actually hiking in the dark, you likely don't nee...

In GEAR » Need rec for red & white LED headlamp
September 15, 9:51pm

Primaloft v down
Daaaang Mr. Nisley! That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for, and confirmed what I kind of deduced by using llbean's site to do a rough comparison(thanks for the tip Mr. Chan) Y...

In GEAR » What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
September 15, 6:24pm

What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
...As far as jacket warmth is concerned. I have a Mountain Hardware hooded Primaloft jacket that has done well enough to keep me warm so far. However, in my quest to go UL, I am looking to repla...

In GEAR » What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
September 15, 8:03am

Water bladder
I'll second the idea of using your water bladder as dual use. Heard the idea on this site and tried it for the first time this last weekend on a three day trip in the sierras. Worked great! ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What do you use for a pillow?
September 10, 1:05pm

Re: ~8oz. 'Polycro' Tarptent w/ floor and bugnetting, $45, 2hrs.
so what happens when it rains and you have the storm doors closed? The condensation and general air quality would be horrendous! Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it actually rained, being in...

In Make Your Own Gear » ~8oz. 'Polycro' Tarptent w/ floor and bugnetting, $45, 2hrs.
May 01, 12:24pm

Re: Yep...sleeve length, inseam...
"-no one seems to make outdoor clothing for LONG TORSO women" There, I fixed it. My wife is short, and when it comes to pants, there isn't a single outdoor company that makes p...

In GEAR » any tall women on here? what jacket...
April 28, 2:45pm

They're already working on it...
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=42510 Check out the above thread. Or are talking more along the lines of a mesh?

In Make Your Own Gear » Breathable Cuben Fiber?
April 26, 6:40am

Re: PINK!!
"3. pride of ownership 6. one-upping friends' knives around the campfire 9. enriching knife makers" In these cases, perhaps you should take a look at some of the smaller custom a...

In GEAR » light lockblade knives
April 22, 1:22pm

Re: Plastic bag omelet ?
Are you talking about making omelets in a plastic bag from fresh eggs? Or are you talking about making eggs, dehydrating them, then re-hydrating in a freezer bag with boiling water? For the form...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Plastic bag omelet
April 22, 9:22am

Re: Re: wenthiking.com
Cool website, however I think it could use a little more refining, especially the map sketching tool. I tried to sketch out a map from one of last years trips and it was a bit cumbersome to say...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keep track of your trips
April 21, 4:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.