Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 331 - 340 of 675 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...68

Forum » Thread

Re: Picture of Spinntwinn with Bear Paw Minimalist
Bump

In GEAR » Picture of Spinntwinn with Bear Paw Minimalist
September 01, 2:35pm

Picture of Spinntwinn with Bear Paw Minimalist
I have a Spinntwinn Tarp and I am looking for any that has pictures of a SpinnTwinn with the Bear Paw Minimalist bug bivy. Preferably one with the sloped ridgeline option. Just curious to see the...

In GEAR » Picture of Spinntwinn with Bear Paw Minimalist
August 31, 10:51pm

Re: Teton Wilderness
In addition to the replies you receive here I would also contact the Forest Service for that area Buffalo Ranger District 307-543-2386 They may be able to recommend some material and offer s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Teton Wilderness
August 31, 10:28pm

Re: bug bivy
"Your bivy has to be waterproof AND breathable for this to work." And we all know that utopian fabric doesn't really exist. For me a bug bivy is the primary shelter for summer. T...

In GEAR » a better bug bivy?
August 30, 11:19pm

Re: thanks
"Thanks, those are nice ideas but are there easier ways like just having a sheet of bug netting and propping it up with sticks? I kind of feel bad spending $100 on a bug tent." Not sur...

In GEAR » a better bug bivy?
August 30, 7:52pm

Re: marmot driclime windshirt replacement
I own the Driclime windshirt without pockets. The only thing I can tell you is that in the conditions that I wear the windshirt for I find wearing windproof gloves more versatile. I am generally ...

In GEAR » marmot driclime windshirt replacement
August 30, 5:04pm

Re: condensation in zpacks hexamid
The issue isn't complicated. You couldn't have picked a worse campsite under the worst possible conditions for condensation. Lots of rain, temperatures at dewpoint or lower and camping ri...

In GEAR » condensation in zpacks hexamid
August 30, 7:58am

WTB GG Spinntwinn
Looking for a lightly used SpinnTwinn.

In Gear Swap » WTB GG Spinntwinn
August 27, 9:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Switching to Light Backing .. Guide me Plz ;)
The biggest weight savings will probably come from simply not bringing things you really don't need. Extra shoes, camp chairs etc....That said your second biggest savings will come from the big...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Switching to Light Backing .. Guide me Plz ;)
August 26, 7:41pm

Re: In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so!
I have eaten one time at In-N-Out. Terrible. I rarely eat beef anymore for health reasons. This story further validates that decision from a moral standpoint.

In Chaff » In-N-Out Burger - say it ain't so!
August 26, 1:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm