BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 331 - 340 of 750 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Lunar Solo
My 2012 Lunar Solo weighs 23 oz seam sealed in a cuben stuff sack. That weight includes all necessary guy lines. SMD does not include the weight of stakes in their shelters. I use one trekking p...

In GEAR » SMD Lunar Solo vs. Skyscape Trekker
June 09, 1:03pm

Re: trader joes
The Trader Joes instant coffee is more cream than coffee - far too weak for me. Go with Via or Via Iced!

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 09, 6:22am

Re: clipping the inner
I pretty much just started at the foot end of the inner and worked my way forward. There's no perfect way to do it and at some point you'll have to crawl inside the inner. You can attach th...

In GEAR » Setting up a BA Fly Creek UL2 in the rain
May 29, 8:18am

Re: list
Nice list that's inspired me to simply try taking fewer items next weekend. I already don't take very many big items, but all the little stuff adds up and is where I have some trouble. For ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Wanderer (Video Series) - Episode 1: Gear
May 22, 8:08pm

Re: Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
Thanks for the input. I had envisioned just using mitten hooks with some elastic to make setup quick and flexible (which is a top priority), but using snaps or velcro might also work and would get ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
May 20, 7:15pm

Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
I've really been enjoying my SMD Lunar Solo. It's shown me that a pyramid-style tarptent can work just fine. The only downside is that I won't be able to use it in winter because: 1...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid Tarptent with Removable Floor
May 20, 7:49am

Re: ULA Circuit
Pack is sold!

In Gear Swap » FS: ULA Circuit
May 19, 5:28pm

Re: ULA Circuit
This pack has generated a lot of interest (I've received over 6 PMs!). I am currently awaiting payment from the first buyer. If he falls through, I will contact people in the order they PM'...

May 18, 5:28pm

FS: ULA Circuit
EDIT: sold! I'm selling my well-used ULA Circuit. The pack body is size Medium (18'' - 21'' torsos) and the hip belt is size Small (30'' - 34'' waists). I pur...

May 18, 3:06pm

Polycro Tarp
Is a polycro tarp really strong enough to be considered part of Mountain-SUL gear? How many times could such a tarp be packed, unpacked, and used before needing to be thrown away? It might make a r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 2A: Selecting the Lightest, Most Functional Gear - Backpack, Shelter, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad
May 16, 7:32am

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.