BPL Community Profile

John Harper (johnnyh88) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale The SouthWest
About Me John Harper has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Harper

Showing 331 - 340 of 696 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...70

Forum » Thread

Mountainsmith Haze 50
I see Mountainsmith has a new pack called the Haze 50. Weight is 29-31 oz, cost is $130. Might be a good competitor for the GoLite Jam 50? Here is a review by Section Hiker: http://sectionhiker....

In GEAR » Mountainsmith Haze 50
March 28, 9:05am

Re: GoLite Odyssey Pack
Price reduced again - see original post for new price

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Odyssey
March 27, 4:55pm

Re: Stoic isn't the most durable
"Take advantage of Backcountry's return policy and beat the daylights out of that jacket before you trust it." That is stupid advice. It is a lightweight down jacket - it is not me...

In GEAR » The most versatile hooded Montbell down jacket? I need BPLs advice.
March 27, 1:27pm

Separate sleeping clothes
I used to bring along separate sleeping/camp clothes, but lately I've just been wearing my windshirt over my hiking shirt to bed. Seems to work fine and makes getting up easier. In colder tempe...

In Philosophy & Technique » Separate sleeping clothes - yeah or nay
March 26, 9:27pm

Re: Sedona
Sedona is in general a pretty popular hiking place. Every one in Phoenix flocks there to beat the heat. Here are some ideas (I've only done the first): Parsons trail: accessible by car, very...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to arizona...any ideas? (pinetop and Sedona)
March 26, 2:33pm

Re: Highland Mary Lakes, CT, Weminuche, and Pecos
Thanks for the snow and monsoon info. The Highland Mary Lakes and TH sound great, I'll look into them. Hiking a segment of the Colorado Trail is a great idea too. We'll have 2 cars so a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado in early July - San Juans?
March 26, 9:05am

Re: more trails
Christopher's post is right on - that's a good summary of Eastern AZ wilderness areas. The Mazatzals and Superstitions might be good options to hike in the winter, especially if you're ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Moving to arizona...any ideas? (pinetop and Sedona)
March 26, 8:38am

Colorado in early July - San Juans?
I'm planning on taking two people on their first backpacking trip in early July. They live in Boulder and I live in Phoenix, so I was thinking we could meet somewhere approximately halfway. Wou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado in early July - San Juans?
March 25, 6:50pm

Re: GoLite Odyssey
Price dropped - see original post

March 25, 4:17pm

FS: GoLite Odyssey
EDIT: Pack is sold! I'm selling a GoLite Odyssey backpack. It is a Women's large and is black. I do not remember what torso sizes this pack is for, but this article from BPL on the pack ...

March 24, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by John Harper

John Harper has posted no reviews.