BPL Community Profile

christopher smead (hamsterfish) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale hamsterfish
About Me part hamster, part fish
http://youtu.be/w5TcasqkS1I
CitySan Jose
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by christopher smead

Showing 331 - 340 of 561 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...57

Forum » Thread

Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd start this thread to check on conditions in SEKI. I know many people are setting out soon on the Rae lakes loop, JMT, and some of the PCT people are hitting the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
June 13, 6:48pm

Marmot nano and stoic wraith
Marmot nano is a gortex paclite shell for 8 oz in medium. Very basic, 2 pockets, no pit zips (bummer), but gets the job done and seems a bit more durable than the mica. As for wind shirt, I'...

In GEAR » Can't decide
June 06, 11:42pm

Thanks
Good to know. Darn I wish sprint aquatics would start selling their nylon mesh slippers again. Maybe I'll do my own myog experimenting here as well.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Camp shoe
June 05, 1:52am

Goosefeet dyneema overbooties?
Do you think these woud stay on and provide enough traction for river crossings?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Camp shoe
June 04, 11:30am

Hot while hiking
In temps down to the low 30's, I find a base layer, R1 and windshirt are more than ample while on the move. I only use the MB jacket in camp. Especially since sweat will reduce the fluffyn...

In GEAR » question about my 3 season layering options
May 30, 2:41pm

Great report!
I have the MB versalite pants and so far love them. I did however find out that Montbell is recalling all of them due to an issue with the welding of the seams, so I'm not sure I could trust ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rain Pants State of the Market Report
May 30, 10:52am

Mt Palmer
Thanks for the I do so far. I'm planning on doing this trip late June. I heard the snow is melting quick. Does anyone have any current pics of Palmer or any Kings/Sequoia pics at altitude?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camping on avalanche pass in Kings?
May 28, 3:09pm

MB versalite
They discontinued them again? I bought the pants about a month ago after they apparently fixed the seam welding issue, but they pulled them again? Anyone have any details as to why? I'm ab...

In GEAR » Montbell 2012 Versalite Jacket
May 27, 12:24am

Chocolate that doesn't melt?
It makes me sad when I'm backpacking and reach for a handful of gorp only to find the chocolate chips have melted. Is there a solution to this? Will M&M's hold up in 8o degree heat?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Chocolate that doesn't melt?
May 25, 5:31pm

Palmer mountain
Just thought I'd reactivate this thread. Is there a trail from avalanche pass to the top of Palmer mountain? And if not is it pretty intuitive to get there?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Camping on avalanche pass in Kings?
May 25, 1:51am

All Reader Reviews by christopher smead

christopher smead has posted no reviews.