BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 331 - 340 of 401 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

RE: Laughing Cow
The Laughing Cow website says they all need to be refrigerated, but I bet that's a CYA thing for them. We never refrigerate the wax covered at home and have never been sick from them. Bes...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
March 05, 1:14pm

RE: How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
I'd cut down to 1/2 lb and throw in some other stuff for variety... and I would definitely go to the hard candy shell chocolate in lieu of the chocolate covered stuff... Did you know that m&a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
March 05, 8:21am

RE: Dos Ocupación Pirámide-Tyvek
Tim or John, what kind of Tyvek did you use? How did you seal/reinforce the seams? I have drawn up several different "tarp/tent" patterns in AutoCAD and am planning on making something ...

In GEAR » Dos Ocupación Pirámide-Tyvek
March 05, 7:09am

re: FS - Spring Cleaning
Paypal sent on Contrail

In Gear Swap » FS - Spring cleaning
March 04, 12:36pm

re: Need Advice on Which Headlamp?
Petzl Tactikka Plus. It has the pivoting red filter which is much easier on the eyes at night allowing the eyes to adjust quicker. Hours and brightness are just as good if not better than any oth...

In GEAR » Need Advice on Which Headlamp?
March 04, 12:14pm

re: FS - Spring cleaning
PM on Contrail...

In Gear Swap » FS - Spring cleaning
March 04, 8:21am

Re: Re: pardon my ignorance
Wouldn't dehydrating the above recipes basically give you the same thing? Generally I find that with most energy bars I need to slosh some water around in my mouth to be able to swallow them a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
March 03, 12:54pm

RE: Howdy
Here's the article There are some more NOLS articles as well... just do a quick search for NOLS on this site. Isn't Mike Clelland a NOLS instructor? I know is BPL Staff as well and a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Howdy
March 03, 7:10am

WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
Planning a solo trip for Colorado in July and needing to revise a few things on my gear list. Looking for Solo Tarptent with bathtub floor and mosquito netting. I have 53" fixed hiking pol...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
March 02, 12:09pm

RE: Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
Sarah, have you tried using olive oil or grapeseed oil instead of vegetable oil? I just think they would be a little "healthier" fats, but don't know how they would taste or ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pro-bar, Clif-bar like recipes needed
March 02, 7:54am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am