BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Gustafson (gustafsj) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minneapolis
About Me Grew up family car/boat camping and then Boundary Waters camping starting in my teen years and into upper 20s. Took up backpacking around 30 and in 2006 started having knee problems which quickly put me down the road to lightweight backpacking... the transition is still ongoing and obsessively addictive even though I have pretty much resolved my knee problems.
Cityminneapolis
Statemn
Countryusa
My Website URLhttp://treklightly.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear ListGear List - 3 day - Minus 20F

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 331 - 340 of 405 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

RE: deflate clearview
have you tried sucking out the air? I just bought a clearview and have not tried it, but I have done this with my thermarest before and it works pretty well with that. Kind of like smoking a ciga...

In GEAR » Clearview Pad Problems
March 05, 9:07pm

RE: I'm bringing
Matt, I'm not going to be able to make it, but I do have a cat tarp you can come over and check out sometime if no one else brings one... I feel a bit left out with all you guys meetin' ...

In Chaff » Many Minneapolis-Area BPLers--let's meet!
March 05, 8:58pm

RE: WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
Found a used tarptent contrail, still looking for a good deal on a thermawrap vest...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Solo Tarptent and Thermawrap Vest
March 05, 8:37pm

re: Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
James K., What is the shelter in your avatar and how the heck do fit in that with your size??!!

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
March 05, 1:26pm

RE: Laughing Cow
The Laughing Cow website says they all need to be refrigerated, but I bet that's a CYA thing for them. We never refrigerate the wax covered at home and have never been sick from them. Bes...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
March 05, 1:14pm

RE: How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
I'd cut down to 1/2 lb and throw in some other stuff for variety... and I would definitely go to the hard candy shell chocolate in lieu of the chocolate covered stuff... Did you know that m&a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » How much gorp/trail mix is enough?
March 05, 8:21am

RE: Dos Ocupación Pirámide-Tyvek
Tim or John, what kind of Tyvek did you use? How did you seal/reinforce the seams? I have drawn up several different "tarp/tent" patterns in AutoCAD and am planning on making something ...

In GEAR » Dos Ocupación Pirámide-Tyvek
March 05, 7:09am

re: FS - Spring Cleaning
Paypal sent on Contrail

In Gear Swap » FS - Spring cleaning
March 04, 12:36pm

re: Need Advice on Which Headlamp?
Petzl Tactikka Plus. It has the pivoting red filter which is much easier on the eyes at night allowing the eyes to adjust quicker. Hours and brightness are just as good if not better than any oth...

In GEAR » Need Advice on Which Headlamp?
March 04, 12:14pm

re: FS - Spring cleaning
PM on Contrail...

In Gear Swap » FS - Spring cleaning
March 04, 8:21am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Gustafson

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Hardware Quark Rain Jacket
From REI Website: * The Quark is made from Incite™ printed nylon tricot with a Conduit™ waterproof, breathable 2.5-layer laminate * zWeld™ construction eliminates stitching and taping, which reduces...

In Clothing - Raingear
June 06, 10:45am