November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 331 - 340 of 406 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

WTB marmot wet rib
help me out - look in your gear closet. these are no longer in production. Will pay dearly I'm sure Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB marmot wet rib
March 01, 8:23pm

Tim, I enjoy your posts and MYOG spirit. Wish I could sew a straight line. What is used for insulation? Down or synthetic? Unfortunately allergic to down feathers. Dave

In Gear Swap » FS: 5oz XP and 2.5oz XP QUILTS
March 01, 7:44am

marmot dry-wet rib
Does anyone have any experience with these products? I have added pockets to my hip belt, but it feels like my water bottle and other things are flopping around when I walk and my arm hits the wate...

In GEAR » marmot dry-wet rib
October 26, 8:56am

Thanks Rod, I need more coffee. I thought I was going crazy. Dave Any opinions on the pyramid tarps for winter?

In Gear Swap » good gear
October 22, 5:22am

price went up??
price went up on Mot synylon Oware pyramid tarp ??? I swear it was $100 earlier HMMM, I was considering it for winter camping.

In Gear Swap » good gear
October 22, 5:03am

re: reforestation pants
This was on a recent hike in northern Michigan. I have never seen this plant before, but it was everywhere. The seeds have a sticky end. The hikers that wore a slippery type nylon - similar to my r...

In GEAR » nylon vs supplex hiking pants?
October 20, 10:30am

supplex in the backcountry
supplex in the backcountry - not a good idea. While they feel good, they attract seeds and pickers. I call these my reforestation pants. Dave

In GEAR » nylon vs supplex hiking pants?
October 20, 10:05am

Since I didn't know the configuration of the stays on the front pockets or the aarn pack, I wondered if you could retrofit/fabricate a stay to fit into the syncpack's extra connector set. T...

In GEAR » Aarn pack "Natural Balance" field report
October 17, 8:38pm

maybe this??
I wonder if you could retrofit these clips? They are only $13. link:

October 17, 11:30am

MYOG help
This looks like a great pack idea. Without trying to be rude to the developers, is there a source or a MYOG way to retrofit your existing pack to a balanced pack. Not all of us can shell out $350 ...

October 17, 9:57am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am