BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 331 - 340 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

clarification
Since I didn't know the configuration of the stays on the front pockets or the aarn pack, I wondered if you could retrofit/fabricate a stay to fit into the syncpack's extra connector set. T...

In GEAR » Aarn pack "Natural Balance" field report
October 17, 8:38pm

maybe this??
I wonder if you could retrofit these clips? They are only $13. link: https://store02.prostores.com/servlet/syncpack/Categories?__utma=1.276329414635327420.1224261082.1224261082.1224263979.2&...

October 17, 11:30am

MYOG help
This looks like a great pack idea. Without trying to be rude to the developers, is there a source or a MYOG way to retrofit your existing pack to a balanced pack. Not all of us can shell out $350 ...

October 17, 9:57am

swinging back and forth
My gear list is in constant evolution. A few years ago I was carrying 65lbs. I found this site and read feverously asked many questions and my gear list evolved. I paired down to 25lbs for a 7 day ...

In Gear Lists » My newbie list
October 17, 5:55am

bigger knives
"For those of you who carry bigger knives, what do you use them for? Real question, not rhetorical..." I guess it depend on your sytle of hiking, or the current hike that you are on. ...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
October 08, 8:18pm

Thanks all
I knew I could count on this community for help. Roger, great advice and article. I can barely sew a straight line. I have made some stuff sacks and may try a tarp in the future, but my skills ...

In GEAR » Bushwhacking pants
October 08, 7:44pm

affordable outer insulated pant
I am looking for an affordable, insulated outer pant to use for breaks and at camp for temps between 20-40 F. It should have side zips, be easily stowable and have synthetic insulation. Tha...

In GEAR » affordable outer insulated pant
October 08, 8:26am

Bushwhacking pants
What would be a good fit for a pant for bushwhacking? It must be tough, light and shed pickers and seeds without getting shredded. I recently bushwhacked with supplex zip-off pants and spent a lot ...

In GEAR » Bushwhacking pants
October 08, 8:20am

Gram cracker
Rand, I am very impressed with this setup as I returned with extra esbits from my 4 day bushwhacking trip. Bravo on such a versatile and efficient design. It achieved two near boils from one esb...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » esbit stove
October 08, 8:09am

bump
help please

In Make Your Own Gear » taping seams
August 24, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am