BPL Community Profile

Brian Johns (bcutlerj) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NorCal
About Me Brian Johns has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Johns

Showing 331 - 340 of 683 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...69

Forum » Thread

Welcome
Joseph, Welcome. Great site in terms of both company and information. From skimming through, I have a couple of suggestions. If you're not sure how much you can drop the weight just yet, look a...

In GEAR » Getting back into backpacking -- going UL after years of carrying 50+ lb packs
May 23, 10:33pm

Modified StarLyte
Dan, Received the modified starlyte in a very timely manner. Thank you. Used 10 ml. in each of a 12-10 stove, original StarLyte, and Modified StarLyte. The modified StarLyte was clearly the most...

In Gear Deals » StarLyte Burner With Cap
May 23, 9:08pm

JMT with BV450?
Several have commented in other threads that they used a BV450 to do the JMT. Is this because you only need a canister in certain areas, so 5 or 6 days is the longest bear-can-required stretch you...

In Gear Lists » JMT, Early July, 1st Thru-Hike
May 23, 8:15pm

Sleeping Trouble?
I'm with Nick G. Two things I never understood were eating problems and sleeping problems. I'm also with Roger D. - a little night time toddy is likely the best medicine for ails you (or ...

In GEAR » Take any meds to fall asleep after a medium size hiking day?
May 22, 5:04pm

PM'd on K'Bay Pad
Thx.

In Gear Swap » FS JRB Sierra Sniveler Quilt, Kookabay 20”x60”x2.5” R5 pad w/pillow and some photo gear
May 21, 10:05am

Pasteurized?
This is not as healthy as the raw, non-pasteurized c-water that can be had.. It is also more expensive.

In Gear Deals » Coconut water concentrate 50% off at Swansons Vitamins
May 19, 11:01pm

Trail Designs is top notch
To the OP, another option is to cut the top off a water bottle of a slim size (smart water maybe) and use it for the cone. I never bothered with the keg part, but if you need a cup and bowl, its a ...

In GEAR » Caldera cone storage in SP600
May 19, 8:29pm

Ordered
Thanks everyone. Susan, I am not a big guy and I like to repackage my FB meals in ziplocks. I am excited to learn I might get 4 5 days or more. We are doing both the north and south end of the Lost...

In GEAR » Which Bear Can?
May 19, 4:34pm

Peter's
Around $15 shipped. Lightest best option out there. Great service. USA / California product. What's not to love? http://www.petersheadnets.com/

In GEAR » head net
May 19, 4:23pm

Which Bear Can?
Is the lightest under $120? I saw few on sale at REI this a.m.,but wanted to make sure that I am not missing something they don't carry. I know the Bearikade will come up, but I usually am in p...

In GEAR » Which Bear Can?
May 18, 1:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Johns

Brian Johns has posted no reviews.