BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 331 - 340 of 679 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...68

Forum » Thread

Chris and Andrew's 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open Trip Report
Living in California, it's easy to get complacent and only go backpacking when the sun is shining and the birds are chirping. Following Dave's excellent blog and trip reports from the likes...

In Post-Trip Reports » Chris and Andrew's 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open Trip Report
June 03, 12:57pm

Re: BMWO
Fantastic effort Dan. It's impressive how quickly you finished. Glad the swim didn't turn out to have any serious consequences. I'm working on our TR now... Chris and I kept asking each...

In Post-Trip Reports » BMWO 2013 - Another Year of Swimming in the Flathead
June 03, 10:24am

Re: TGO Challenge
Sounds like you had a fantastic adventure Manfred. You should be able to handle just about any kind of weather that California could throw at you now. I really enjoyed reading your write up and esp...

In Post-Trip Reports » TGO Challenge 2013 – Crossing Scotland from the Atlantic to the North Sea
May 29, 2:01pm

Re: made it out
Manfred, looking forward to your Scotland TR! 25 Mile Creek gave the route a nice sting in the tail at the end when we thought we were nearly finished. We found creative ways to get across both ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
May 29, 12:20pm

made it out
Chris, John and I made it out at 1AM last night. Great trip. The creek crossings were anything but casual.... i want a packraft!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
May 29, 10:14am

Re: Lightest tee
They aren't synthetic, but check out the Rab Meco shirts. They have a 120 gsm weight which is significantly cooler than my 150 gsm merino shirts. The cocona content makes it pretty durable too-...

In GEAR » Lightest truly low-odor synthetic tee for summer heat
May 23, 6:56pm

Re: "New" SUL hikers
Aaron, I've personally never done a SUL trip myself, or hiked with anyone that had an SUL load for that matter. After I got my base weight down to 9-10 lbs, it seemed like a better use of my en...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Any "NEW" SUL Hikers out there?
May 23, 6:53pm

Re: Spectra lines
On some climbing equipment (e.g. Metolius brand cams), a spectra sling is sewn in a loop around a steel cable loop. When this equipment is tested to failure, the spectra sling cuts through the stee...

In GEAR » Spectra Lines on steel cables
May 23, 2:31pm

Re: Best Wishes
Thanks David. We'll try not to get ourselves killed. Then how would we do all of the other cool trips we have planned for this summer?

May 22, 10:11pm

Re: Falling asleep
A couple ounces of scotch works like a charm for me.

In GEAR » Take any meds to fall asleep after a medium size hiking day?
May 22, 10:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm