BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 331 - 340 of 742 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: Emigrant Wilderness With Light Packs - Group BPL Trip
Great pics everybody. Adam, that one of the sunrise with lupine in the foreground is desktop wallpaper worthy - got a higher res version posted somewhere? Justin, it's very unusual for it to...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness With Light Packs - Group BPL Trip
July 16, 9:38am

Re: Humphreys Basin - food/bear strategies
Humphreys Basin sees a huge amount of human traffic, so even though it's up high the bears know they can find food there. I would recommend a canister.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Humphreys Basin - food/bear strategies
July 16, 8:48am

Re: Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
David, we missed you too! It's probably a good thing you rested up if you weren't feeling well, it turned out to be a pretty strenuous hike.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
July 14, 10:24pm

Jay, it was good to finally meet you. PS- You don't snore.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
July 14, 9:49pm

Thanks everyone for a great trip! I created a thread in Post-Trip Reports so we can all share photos and whatnot. Emigrant Wilderness With Light Packs - Group BPL Trip

July 14, 9:48pm

Emigrant Wilderness With Light Packs - Group BPL Trip
Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14 From left to right, in back: Andy D., James W., Chris S., Ellen C., Kevin B., Eric's friend Sandor, James D. In front: Random PCT thru-hiker,...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness With Light Packs - Group BPL Trip
July 14, 9:46pm

Yeah, you guys figured it out. We are camping at either High Emigrant or Emigrant Meadow Lakes, not Emigrant Lake. Eric, your Hillmap gets it right except I don't think there's any reason t...

July 11, 3:43pm

Kevin, where did you get those mileages? The 25 miles I quoted is what I got from drawing a reasonably accurate path with Hillmap. I think 14 of that was from Sonora Pass to Emigrant Meadow Lake. K...

July 11, 2:17pm

Re: Transportation
I don't have any personal experience hitchhiking out here so I can't comment, but as far as trailheads go, Road's End doesn't get a lot of traffic and is a long way from anywhere.

In Pre-Trip Planning » So I'm doing the Sierra High Route...
July 11, 1:04pm

Re: Transportation
Nope, it is difficult to get back to Road's End unless you hitchhike or hire someone on Craigslist. Lots of people hike in over Kearsarge Pass to start the route because you can take the Easter...

In Pre-Trip Planning » So I'm doing the Sierra High Route...
July 11, 1:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm