November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 331 - 340 of 972 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...98

Forum » Thread

Re: An Introduction to Simple Fly Fishing
I enjoyed this, both for the content and for seeing an article written by Chouinard here. Will probably buy the book now.

In Editor's Roundtable » An Introduction to Simple Fly Fishing
April 23, 8:18pm

Re: Shepherds Crest/Mt Conness in Yosemite
Day three should be no problem as long as you are in reasonably good shape. Many people climb technical routes on Conness from Roosevelt in a day - I've done it and it's OK. As an altern...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Shepherds Crest/Mt Conness in Yosemite
April 14, 9:08am

Re: Extra gear you bring for alpine climbing
More double length slings than usual. Usually 4-5 depending on the route. Alpine rock routes tend to wander a lot and also tend to have lots of opportunities for slung blocks and horns. The extra s...

In GEAR » Extra gear you bring for alpine climbing
April 07, 6:14pm

Re:High Sierra Snowshoe Trip ~ March 2014
If you couldn't tell already from the photos, I give this trip two thumbs up.

In Post-Trip Reports » High Sierra Snowshoe Trip ~ March 2014
April 04, 2:39pm

Re: line locks vs prusik loops
Linelock3's will slip at moderate tension with any guylines less than 3mm in diameter. Prusiks work fine as a substitute but you may have to experiment with different styles of cord and number ...

In GEAR » linelocs vs prusik loops
April 03, 9:12pm

Re: Mount Whitney, California
Glad you got some permits, Bob. It's a bit of a circus getting either a Whitney or Happy Isles permit these days. My preferred alternative is to avoid those areas altogether. You can day hike M...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mount Whitney, California
April 03, 2:02pm

Re: The Grand Eight
Thanks, Dave. My first impressions are (a) that must have taken a lot of planning and (b) my mind reels at figuring out a way through the cliff bands between drainages. I'm sure you and M will ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Grand Eight
April 03, 1:57pm

Do either of you guys have a map with a route drawn in, for those of us who are curious where you went but aren't fluent in Grand Canyon topography?

April 03, 1:39pm

Re: My Sequoia National Park snow adventure.
Cool trip Kevin. What trailhead did you start out of?

In Post-Trip Reports » My Sequoia National Park snow adventure.
April 02, 10:20pm

Nice job Dave. It must've felt very committing to pull the rope for the first time.

April 02, 10:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm