BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 331 - 340 of 731 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...74

Forum » Thread

Re: Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
The weather forecast looks like it will be beautiful, though a bit windy. Maybe that will keep away the mosquitoes. Friday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 46. South southwest wind 14 to...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
July 11, 10:44am

So far the car shuttle has 4 people - me, Ellen, Andy, Michael. My car only fits 5, so I don't think we have room for both of you unless somebody rides in the trunk or if somebody else's ca...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
July 10, 11:19am

OK, I think we'll probably drive on our own on Saturday. I've exceeded my lifetime quota for sitting in Friday rush hour traffic in Fremont...

July 09, 11:21pm

OK Andy, we'll see you at Kennedy Meadows at 9AM on Saturday. Kevin, I'm leaving from the south bay. Are you guys going up Friday evening or Saturday morning? I was planning on going up ...

July 09, 11:07pm

Yep Chris, we have spots for you and Jack on our single permit now. That puts us at 15, so anybody else will have to get their own permit. In terms of a car shuttle - Michael G. and I are both ...

July 09, 2:10pm

Yup, that's the route Eric. Looks like most of that 4300' total elevation gain is on the first day. Good thing our packs will be light... :)

July 09, 10:01am

Re: Weather and mosquitoes
I'm glad you and Michelle had a good time Manfred. Sorry you can't join us on this trip. But we'll be hiking together with SUL packs soon anyway... Right now the forecast calls for a...

July 07, 8:26pm

Hey guys, I am sad to say we are actually at the 15 person limit now unless someone's plans have changed... One more person sent me an email wanting to join after Eric's friends joined. The...

July 06, 10:59pm

Re: Kookabay pillow
Nick said: "still haven't devised a satisfactory method to secure a Kooka Bay or Exped pillow to the mat." I've got a Kookabay pillow too. I used Silnet to glue two loops of gr...

In GEAR » mattress strategies: back soreness on the road to a good night's sleep
July 06, 10:51pm

Looks good Jay! Eric, the latest count is 11. We can have up to 15 so please bring your friends as long as they are OK with 12-13 miles each day.

July 03, 9:04am

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm