BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 331 - 340 of 614 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...62

Forum » Thread

Dolly Sods
Thanks Steve - looks great. I'm trying to find a way to do a weekend in (at?) Dolly Sods this May. Any suggestions?

In Photo Gallery » Dollys Sods fall panoramic
January 18, 10:11am

Waterproof Breathable CF Rain Jacket
John, Thanks for the review...I traded a couple of emails a month ago with Eddie at ThePacka.com about making a Packa using the waterproof breathable CF. Because of the extra zippers and the pa...

In GEAR » ZPacks Waterproof Breathable Cuben Fiber Rain Jacket
January 16, 5:44am

Another Thought
Joe, As I've posted here before, one of my favorite trails in PA is the Old Loggers Path. It's a 27-mile loop on State Forest property north of Williamsport. Much of the trail uses old...

In Winter Hiking » PA/NJ Backcountry Skiing/Boarding
January 12, 11:42am

PA/NJ Backcountry Skiing/Boarding
I've spent a fair amount of time "Horsepacking" in the woods to the northwest of Wellsboro PA. One other thing for you to keep in mind would be to use the clearings for the gas lines...

In Winter Hiking » PA/NJ Backcountry Skiing/Boarding
January 12, 10:23am

Welcome to Central PA
Simon, You haven't maintained an email address so I can't send you a PM, but welcome to the States. I live near Lancaster, PA and have some of the gear you have on your list if you'...

In Gear Lists » 4 - 5 Day Gear List
January 11, 5:56am

Mt. Rogers with Kids
Great report - I find that anytime I'm hiking with others there's an element of compromise by everyone, whether it's pace, location to stop, when to eat, or something else entirely. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mtn. Rogers with kids
January 09, 7:36am

Best UL Groundsheet
Another vote for Polycro...I purchased a couple of them from Gossamer Gear and when I needed a big one I bought (for sleeping under the stars with my 5 year-old twins) I bought a heat-shrink set fo...

In GEAR » Best UL groundsheet
January 06, 9:29am

AT Around Port Clinton
Craig, Your locale still shows Mid-West...Recently move east? If so, welcome. I live in Lancaster PA and can point you to a bunch of loop hikes in PA if you're interested - PM me. Water...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Day Hike from Port Clinton PA - North or South??
January 04, 9:21am

Pillows
I also am a side sleeper and use multiple pillows when on a bed. Backpacking I've tried: - Fleece-lined stuffsack - worked well when I took too many clothes but not anymore - Flex-Air ...

In GEAR » Which Pillow is comfortable?
January 02, 10:55am

iPhone in the UK
Ed - Thanks so much for the cellular companies and the link. I'll look into them before she goes. John - I'm afraid my little Princess (she's my first of four girls) has become a bi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » iPhone in the UK
December 30, 12:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am