BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 331 - 340 of 558 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...56

Forum » Thread

UL Hammock Setups
I've posted this before, but it never hurts to put it out there again. Here's my current setup: - Grand Trunk Nano-7 Hammock - 10.8 ounces - Lawson Equipment HexaLite 11'x9'...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hennessy Hyperlite Asym Zip Hammock Review
August 10, 12:56pm

Cuben Packa?
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a "Packa Junky" - I have a Silnylon one that I loan to friends and an eVent model that I use myself (but it weighs 17 ounces). I'm sure I'll be ...

In GEAR » Rain Jacket-- No Price Limit?
August 10, 5:35am

Titanium Hook Tent Stakes - Testimonial
These stakes are great - I used them for the first time in June on the Mid-State Trail here in PA. No soil - just rocks covered by a loose 1" layer of forest duff. They're great and don&...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Hook Tent Stakes
August 04, 3:39pm

Custom Hammock
Dan, You need to add your email address to your profile before you can be PM'd... I might be interested too... -Kevin

In Make Your Own Gear » Who Can Build Me a Custom Hammock?
August 01, 4:13pm

Gatewood and Condensation
One thing to remember - just because you have the Gatewood along doesn't mean you need to sleep in it. I've put it up because it MIGHT rain and then, because I enjoy sleeping under the sta...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Approaching 4lb barrier....need feedback on modded MLD Poncho Tarp Specifically
July 28, 7:34pm

Try an underquilt
I tried pads in my hammocks too - I ended up with cold spots because a 20" pad just doesn't wrap very well in the curved world of a hammock. If you get a chance, borrow an underquilt fr...

In Hammocks » What about truly ultralight hammocks?
July 27, 8:43pm

FS - Packa
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Packa
July 27, 8:30pm

Dynaglide
Been there, done that! In my case though, when the hammock failed (not the suspension) I was above soft grass and it was 6:15 in the morning so it was time to get up anyway! The Dynaglide may h...

July 27, 2:01pm

DP Hammock Bug Net
I actually used the DP Hammock bug net on my last trip. A couple of notes: It's very light (19 grams or .7 ounces) and that's inside a sandwich-sized ziploc. I have a couple of cordl...

July 27, 11:18am

Ultralight Hammock Setup
I've really enjoyed this thread because my evolution to hammocking went as follows: 1 - Tent, inflatable Thermarest, sleeping bag 2 - 8x10 tarp, Polycro groundsheet, Z-Rest, sleeping bag 3...

July 26, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am