BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 331 - 340 of 605 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...61

Forum » Thread

iPhone in the UK
Ed - Thanks so much for the cellular companies and the link. I'll look into them before she goes. John - I'm afraid my little Princess (she's my first of four girls) has become a bi...

In Pre-Trip Planning » iPhone in the UK
December 30, 12:02pm

iPhone in the UK
Calling out for help from any BPL'ers in the UK... My daughter will be spending the semester in London - Arriving on January 7th. She has an iPhone 4 (which requires the newer "micro-s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » iPhone in the UK
December 30, 10:19am

eVent Packa
Andy - I know it's heavy at a pound but you're going to love that jacket for backpacking. With a little practice you'll be able to put the pack cover on your pack and tuck in the jacke...

In GEAR » Event rain jacket
December 29, 11:40am

WTB Bushbuddy Ultra
If you don't find one please consider the Antig Outdoors Woodgas Stove as an alternative. For just $32.95 (add another $17.50 for the alcohol stove designed to work with it) I don't think ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Bushbuddy ultra
December 24, 10:58am

Using Your Pack As Your Bearbag
John, Using your pack as your bearbag is brilliant - I'm now embarassed that I never thought of it. I typically provide the bearbag setup for the 4-5 of us that hike together. I actually p...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Bear Bagging and SUL
December 23, 9:28am

Packing Out TP
Even in the uncrowded woods of PA I pack out my TP. I end up with a triple bag system: - A sandwich-sized ziploc to for each day of the trip - A quart ziplock that holds the accumulated ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 14, 12:18pm

Four Preschoolers on the AT
Thanks for the comments - It's really fun for me to look back at that trip. My twins are already asking when we'll get to go backpacking again, "but this time we want to sleep in a te...

In Post-Trip Reports » Four Preschoolers on the AT
December 08, 5:42am

ZPacks Exo
Ahhh...such posts merely whet the appetite to get a new pack. My Late Spring/Summer/Early Fall pack is a GG Murmur. In the colder times I carry a SMD Starlite. I've switched to sleeping in...

In GEAR » ZPacks has a new pack and shelter...
December 05, 6:20pm

Daughter's First Overnight Pack
I have twin daughters who were 4 1/2 when we did our first overnight backpacking trip. Here's the link, if you're interested, to my trip report. My girls each carried the LL Bean Sprou...

In GEAR » Daughters first overnight pack
December 05, 6:11pm

The Packa
I have both a Sil-Nylon and an eVent Packa and it looks like I'll be putting another one on my list (the Cuben model) soon to drop 11+ ounces off my weight. I love the design and functionality...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Alternative Rainwear: State of the Market Report - Part 2: Overview of Individual Products
November 30, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am