November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 331 - 340 of 345 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: camelbak in line filters
I made my own inline set up for last years Scotland trip. It consisted of an one liter platy than the drinking tube than a filter pen (not sold in the US) a valve and than the mouth piece. So i add...

In GEAR » Water filter comparisons
May 20, 7:22am

It doesn't excist
Hi, I have worked in an outdoor store for 5 years now and still have to meet the first person who is really allergic to down. Now i am not a doctor, but as far as i know down allergy doesn't exc...

In GEAR » Down allergy & Down bags....
April 19, 2:30pm

One of the few luxeries i won't leave at home is a wee bottle of fine single malt Scotch. Eins

In Gear Lists » How do you UL ?
February 09, 10:30am

I did concider the carry on option
I did concider the carry on option. I am however very keen on my swiss arm knive, which cannot be taken into the passenger compartment and I also think that my trekking poles will not be allowed as...

In GEAR » UL gear and planes
January 23, 5:03am

Re: Shoes
Hi Tom, Don't I know you from another forum on the world wide web??? ;). Of niet? I'm not that woried about how the shoes will look like at the end of the hike. I care more about the perform...

In GEAR » Shoes
December 16, 2:31pm

Hello, On my Scotland trip I used as much of the ultra light hiking techniques as I feld comfortable with. I did wear normal trekking clothing and normal hiking boots as well. I didn't realy lik...

In GEAR » Shoes
December 15, 9:44am

My experience
Last October I had my Scotland trip and it was great. I realy liked hiking ultra light. You're realy more focussed on the surroundings than on a heavy pack. I did bring and carry the 13 oz prote...

In GEAR » UL gear and planes
December 15, 9:32am

Uhm, let's hope Ms/Msr Corbridge is sincere and will not start to spam all of you're email accounts. Eins -is a bit sceptic about giving his email adress on the www and also doesn't like cook...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 21, 2:14pm

RE: Waterfilter for 21 grams (0.74 oz)!!!
I just bought the filter :) It is only slightly harder to suck the water through the filter then through the normal mouth piece of a Platypus tube. By keeping my 1 liter Platypus high, gravity a...

In GEAR » Waterfilter for 21 grams (0.74 oz)!!!
June 27, 9:50am

RE: Waterfilter for 21 grams (0.74 oz)!!!
I dunno, haven't bought it yet. But I will in about a week or so. When I do I will let you know. Eins

In GEAR » Waterfilter for 21 grams (0.74 oz)!!!
June 21, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.