BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 331 - 340 of 509 | Page: 1 ...25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: I need Help. 3day GrandCanyon Gear List.
The Roan is not so much a backpacking puffy as it is a full-blown winter parka... trust me, when you're at the Colorado River on Memorial Day and pull out a Roan out of your pack, you're go...

In Gear Lists » I need Help. 3day GrandCanyon Gear List.
January 01, 9:58pm

Re: Re: 2 Nights
>> What about the mule dung on the bright angel trail? Is it a significant turn off for a backpacking experience? The mule trains now go down BA trail and come up South Kaibab, so it's...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon, can go anywhere for 2 nights, what would you do?
December 30, 4:50pm

Re: Alpaca and Merino hats. New technology, non stagnant ;)
Well, my willpower is not as good because I'm going to get another one. Kat, I sent you an email about the merino brown/turquoise one (#5.)

In Gear Deals » Alpaca and Merino hats. New technology, non stagnant ;)
December 29, 7:49pm

Trans-canyon shuttle
http://www.trans-canyonshuttle.com/

In GEAR » Comfort/Light Weight
December 29, 7:31pm

Re: Grand Canyon, can go anywhere for 2 nights, what would you do?
Gotta admit, I'd never want to do New Hance to South Kaibab with 2 nights; that's a 5-nighter in my book. New Hance to Grandview is doable; camp at Hance rapids and Hance Creek. You cou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon, can go anywhere for 2 nights, what would you do?
December 29, 7:27pm

Re: GC
>> The trip is at the End of May, I got the temperatures off of GrandCanyonHiker.com Average temps on the NPS site (bottom of page): http://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/weather-conditio...

December 29, 10:10am

Whoa... slow down
First of all, permit requests for May go in on Januaray 1st which I assume you're prepared for. But note that, statistically, May corridor permits are the hardest to get, so be sure to have a ...

December 29, 7:21am

Re: Regarding Advertising
>> This is real stuff. Can you believe it? Yes, I can and, to be honest, I don't blame them. The cost of providing free gear to reviewers is part of their marketing strategy; if it hu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why do we have to pay for the last Sunny and Balls article?
December 21, 12:03pm

Re: short pants?
REI Acme's come in two lengths for men; I believe the shorter inseam is 30". The bottom also has a velcro closure, so an extra inch probably won't be an issue.

In GEAR » what's your favorite winter pant?
December 19, 10:22pm

Re: i'm a big fan of schoeller dryskin pants
>> i'm a big fan of schoeller dryskin pants Me, too. I have REI Acme pants that are Schoeller Dryskin. Love them for winter hiking, cross-country skiing. Mine weigh about a pound. ...

In GEAR » what's your favorite winter pant?
December 19, 6:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.