Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 331 - 340 of 395 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

Re: Contrail
I'll stake a stab at explaining this because, well, I can! I think that for most users the modification isn't really necessary. You can always drop the back struts if needed and there'...

In GEAR » 2007 Tarptent Contrail Changes
January 18, 11:05pm

Re: Re: Tarptent Rainshadow 2 Tent REVIEW
Frank, I agree that the naming system is confusing. The "2" refers to 2nd generation but that point is probably lost on most people who haven't followed the product line evolution. Thanks for your...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Rainshadow 2 Tent REVIEW
November 20, 12:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tarptent Contrail Tent REVIEW
You could if you wanted to but, honestly, I don't see any real advantage. I do think it can be useful to add a bit of "lift" to the panel for snow loading or provide more of rounded top panel for r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Contrail Tent REVIEW
November 13, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Tarptent Contrail Tent REVIEW
Yes, I would love to see it too. Please post something if you can. As for the Contrail looking "ugly", all I can say is sorry ?? No design appeals to everyone and for pure aesthetics I prefer ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Contrail Tent REVIEW
November 13, 4:08pm

Cost comparison
Just wanted to note that the Squall 2 (including stakes) is $225 and the Europa (not including stakes) is $290. You can't find that information in the article although it is listed in each of the i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tent Comparison: Tarptent Squall 2 and Six Moon Designs Europa
October 12, 11:22am

Re: Re: Re: Double Rainbow in the Wind
> Can we all just admit that the Rainbow and Double Rainbow weren't designed to be bomber tents and accept that there will be problems when they encounter alpine conditions? Miguel, I'll be the ...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow in the Wind
October 07, 10:42am

Re: Re: Double Rainbow in the Wind
Actually, I do think more guylines would have made a big difference. Of course the structure would have flexed and twisted some but not to that extent. As I stated earlier, guying the beak halves ...

October 06, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Double Rainbow in the Wind
Hi Miguel, Yes, hiking pole support is a good idea. We can certainly provide grommets or loops at that point (on request anyway). Seems like a workable thing. There are always tradeoffs to any...

October 03, 11:06pm

Re: Double Rainbow in the Wind
Miguel et al., Before everyone gets too excited here, I want to state for the record that the beak pitch is incorrect. Notice that the beak is crossed and each half staked directly to the ground...

October 03, 7:07pm

Re: Re: A Note for TARPTENT RAINBOW Owners
>.. The various solutions are all pretty easy, so there's no reason for users to "do nothing" and then getting themselves into a bind out there. I'm happy to send out grommets or, for anyone who...

In GEAR » A Note for TARPTENT RAINBOW Owners
September 23, 11:59am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm