BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3281 - 3290 of 3664 | Page: 1 ...320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ...367

Forum » Thread

Re: Ben, pics of 'your' montbell mighty dome-1
That dome tent is rather short though huh?...at 79 inches length. If you are anywhere near 6 feet tall you will be touching at both ends unless maybe you sleep on the diagonal. It's even shorte...

In GEAR » New Mont Bell Single Wall Tents
February 19, 3:33am

Re: Z-Packs "Zilch"
With a pack body only 5" deep, I do not think you can put a sleeping pad inside and have any room for much gear that is that same thickness, namely stuffed sleeping bags. Thoughts?

In GEAR » Z-Packs "Zilch"
February 16, 6:38pm

Re: MYOG - Pulk Update
Hi Bill. What are the poles made of? I just made and used a pulk (cheapo variety) on a snowshoe trip, but didn't care for the noise made from constant sliding on the compacted snow.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - Pulk Update
February 15, 8:23pm

Re: Re: New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
PJ, the < 2# category could be called SOL!

In GEAR » New Pack from Gossamer Gear?
February 14, 7:49am

Re: Extreme but effective condensation prevention in a bivy or single wall shelter?
If I was using a standalone bivy, I would want an oversized piece of fabric with shock cord in the neck area so I could close off the body area from the head area (of the bivy). Hoodless sleeping b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Extreme but effective condensation prevention in a bivy or single wall shelter?
February 13, 7:56am

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox: Post-Trip Report
I like the use of duct tape for nose cover. Who needs Labiosan...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox: Post-Trip Report
February 06, 10:14pm

Re: Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
no podcast link...not the talon review...lol

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Andrew Skurka in the Nation's Icebox, the Conclusion
February 06, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re. GPS
Someone is selling a geko 301 for $150 on backpacking.net.

In GEAR » Time for Ben to Enter 21st Century?
February 03, 11:47am

Re: ULA Amp...Image, etc
Why no sternum strap? Nice pack.

In GEAR » ULA Amp...Pics, etc
February 01, 11:30am

Re: SAC moratorium???
Awe now...don't tell on me. I've been surfing some knarly websites all day. Lackadaisical said: "apparently you guys all go to bed early and 'surf' at work. How about a mor...

In Gear Deals » Just a Suggestion - How About a Moratorum on
January 23, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm