Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3281 - 3290 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Warm head wear for using w/quilt?
I use a microfleece balaclava and hood of a montane lightspeed windshirt.

In GEAR » Warm head wear for using w/quilt?
April 15, 7:34pm

Re: Doug's Sub-4 Gear List
No true sun hat (nobodies gonna wear silnylon in 70-80 F weather) and no sunscreen other than for lips. You're gonna make a dermatologist happy some day....kidding around. Other less snide c...

In Gear Lists » Doug's Sub-4 Gear List
April 15, 7:45am

Re: Use of groundsheet in torrential rain!
Roman Dial explains his method when the ground is wet in a post somewhere here or over at the arctic1000 site.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Use of groundsheet in torrential rain!
April 15, 7:18am

Re: Montbell U.L. Wind Shirt
haha...its not..i was just clarifying before some dummy like me buys it not knowing.

In Gear Deals » Montbell U.L. Wind Shirt
April 12, 12:11pm

Re: ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
Why not just a silnylon pack with beefier hipbelt and the POE as a liner? I wonder what the weight difference would be b/t a silnylon pack and the ULA pack w/o dry bag? I remember it weighing somet...

In GEAR » ULA Arctic 1000 Packs
April 12, 11:46am

Re: RyanF gearlist/ several questions..
Good points to bring up Brett. No navigation gear for offtrail hiking is a get-lost-wish. The issue of going heavier with a few pieces of equipment (for durability/style), feeling the need to st...

In Gear Lists » RyanF gearlist
April 12, 11:26am

Re: Montbell U.L. Wind Shirt
that is a Womens shirt.

In Gear Deals » Montbell U.L. Wind Shirt
April 12, 10:56am

Re: Nols
Ron Bell, you or BPL should start that school. NOLS may not change unless they have more competition. Their current thinking seems out of date.

In Editor's Roundtable » Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?
April 11, 1:47pm

Re: Daddy's got a brand new bag
I prefer zipperless and hoodless.

In GEAR » Daddy's got a brand new bag
April 05, 10:08am

Re: Fleece Gloves for Potlifters
As long as you grab the pot with the leather parts of the glove you might do fine. The fleece may get holes in them from hot pots.

In GEAR » Fleece Gloves for Potlifters
April 05, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm