Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day SUL gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3271 - 3280 of 3992 | Page: 1 ...319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ...400

Forum » Thread

boots
if you go to a dedicated snowshoe boot, look at the Merrell Thermo 6- has both thinsulate and polartec insulation, if your moving these will keep your feet toasty to very low temps the gaiter d ...

In Winter Hiking » snow shoeing in trail runners?
November 21, 9:40am

Uvex
after seeing the Uvex pockets on ebay for $18 and then looking at the Uvex site where they retail for $90 I started comparing around. almost everyone that sells them, sells them as ski goggles a...

In GEAR » recommendation on light goggles
November 21, 8:56am

rab alpine
that looks promising- do you know what the material weight is vs the Houdini? if it performs similar to the Houdini in a heavier (read more durable)- that would be close to ideal for what I'm ...

In GEAR » Houdini v. Traverse
November 21, 8:26am

goggles
^ those look interesting :) the Uvex ones look like they might do the ticket- here's one really positive review http://www.larsonweb.com/backcountryeyewear/id2.html I found these Wil...

November 21, 7:50am

recommendation on light goggles
had some driving snow today that almost had me crying like a little girl :) some light/low bulk goggles to throw in the pack would be most welcome tia

November 20, 8:29pm

"burly" windshirt
let me know what you find, I could have used one this morning- went deer hunting- we got ~ 6" of new snow (on top of 2-3"" existing) and was still snowing hard w/ a pretty stiff wind...

In GEAR » Houdini v. Traverse
November 20, 11:48am

SOLD FS nice, light fixed blade- price drop SOLD
have a nice little Fallkniven WM1 knife that's in great condition, includes a leather sheath (that's quite rare) that is new SOLD $75 shipped conus price drop $70 SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS nice, light fixed blade
November 20, 11:34am

overboots
these would be a good addition to trail runners, http://www.40below.com/product_detail_public.php?ProductID=4400 they get rave reviews and not much heavier than a pair of gaiters :)

In Winter Hiking » snow shoeing in trail runners?
November 19, 8:00pm

Gila
nice report and nice homemade pack! :) Eugene also helped me w/ my trip into the Gila (mine was a spring trip)- I chose that area for similar reasons- our backpacking doesn't really get un...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gila Wilderness in the Fall
November 19, 7:54pm

sleep system
ahh- tarp camping, then you would definitely benefit from a bivy that breathed on top- Mountain Laurel Design has several to choose from, I'm using the MLD Superlight (6.9 oz) and very satisfie...

In GEAR » Sleep system
November 19, 7:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm