BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3271 - 3280 of 3388 | Page: 1 ...319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339

Forum » Thread

rescue readers
I just bought a three pack of these (e-bay w/ free shipping) while these are NOT going to substitute my normal readers at home that have temples, these are going to work just fine for map readin...

In Multiple Use Gear » Reading glasses
September 21, 5:33pm

the big four look good to me
looks like a dandy trip! unlike a lot of folks posting you have a very nice "big 4" weight- I would think w/ this as your foundation you should be able to get to 10 lbs (or darn close)...

In Gear Lists » Getting from 13 to down to 10?
September 20, 12:40pm

coming along nicely
Dan- coming along very nicely- you'll be solidly sub 10 before you know it :) <----- I've got a ways to go

In Gear Lists » My General 3 Season Gear List
September 18, 8:16pm

st croix
I almost pulled the trigger on the st croix, but was a little worried about something happening to it in the backcountry :) I went w/ this instead- $30 for a four piece Quantum graphite rod and ...

In Gear Lists » Fishing bare essentials?
September 18, 8:08pm

Re: Tarptent Mania
if the sublite sil happens to be one that gets on the list to sell- please let me know :)

In GEAR » GG "The One" or Tarptent "Sublite"
September 18, 8:41am

Re: Re: someone who owns both!
I'm very jealous :) if I end up going w/ a short pad (likely) then the only thing left for the vestibule is my shoes which aren't too large of an item- so maybe a vestibule isn't all...

September 17, 7:39pm

anyone looking for a nice (and very reasonably priced) ul spinning outfit
found a nice Quantum pack rod/reel combo for $30 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110421573269&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_849wt_760 the reel is Quantum xtralight, t...

In Fishing » anyone looking for a nice (and very reasonably priced) ul spinning outfit
September 17, 6:36pm

agreed
no arguments here- knowledge/innovation is indeed paramount in wilderness first aid that same handy baggie can also be used (w/a little duct tape) as a occlusive patch for a chest wound

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in your first aid kit?
September 17, 1:41pm

someone who owns both!
Thomas- thanks for your insight, I really didn't think there would be anyone out there w/ first hand experience w/ both :) sounds like two very well thought out out designs easy pitch is ...

September 17, 1:29pm

interested in both tents
I'm also looking at both these tents- between the two sublites I think the Sil version will fit my needs better than the tyvek (but then again maybe not???) Looks like the one has a bit of a...

September 17, 8:28am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm