BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3271 - 3280 of 3704 | Page: 1 ...319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Joe, torsolite substitute
POE uberlite is under 10 oz...still lighter than either the Montbell or BPL pads.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Foam pad question
April 04, 11:29am

Re: Best pillow?
Water wing, Walmart, $1 THE END

In GEAR » Best pillow?
April 03, 11:18am

Re: A little late
John Haley, I hope you like your new MB bag!

In GEAR » Best deal on a Montbell bag?
April 03, 7:24am

Re: Re: A trradesman with no tools is useless.
"First do nothing half-assed" The new Hippocritic Oath..lol...probably true in alot of ways.

In Philosophy & Technique » Wilderness First Aid
April 02, 12:10pm

Re: 75% heat loss from head, right?
Brett, the myth is making feet warm by wearing a hat. There would be no frostbite of the feet if wearing a hat prevented it. That saying is an oversimplification to get people to understand the imp...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel
Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm

April 02, 11:55am

Re: 5 tents on sale: BA and SD
JT what is the name of your shop...Im in north dallas.

In Gear Deals » 5 tents on sale: BA and SD
March 31, 10:00pm

Re: Re: Re: New Vango Ultralite 100 Tent
The GG shelter looks like an AKTO morphed into a shaped tarp, with trekking poles to hold it up. The poles (or one of them) look to be slanted inward. How would that affect stability? Looks to have...

In GEAR » New Vango Ultralite 100 Tent
March 30, 9:16pm

Re: An old used film cannister
I use one to hold my sunscreen, the black ones. I use the white ones to hold pills.

In Multiple Use Gear » An old used film cannister
March 30, 1:08pm

Re: WM LineLite-Anyone used one?
I have one and use it as a liner when the temps will be nearing the 20's. The shoulders are not closed to there will be draft if used alone. The dimensions are the same at highlite at the shoul...

In GEAR » WM LineLite-Anyone used one?
March 29, 4:45pm

Re: Re: Dbl Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
So the Double Rainbow weighs 37 oz. without stakes and the Lunar Duo weighs 41 oz. with stakes? That's a 4 oz. difference! Love the spin. Henry should respond in fairness to another manufa...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
March 29, 11:02am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm