BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3261 - 3270 of 3612 | Page: 1 ...318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: BPLRank???? What dat?
Length of time a member and degree of participation in forums.

In Make Your Own Gear » BPLRank???? What dat?
January 05, 7:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day
My hiking motto is...JUST EAT! All that worrying about ratios and such is nonsense to me. My snickers bars rule. Check the arctic 1000 on their food. They ate more junk food than you can shake a st...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 1.25 lbs of food per day?
January 04, 7:13pm

Re: Ultralight in the icebox
Robert, yes active sweating will be minimized in cold weather until the exercise raises your body temperature slightly to induce active sweating. A vapor barrier does not, in my opinion, result...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 04, 6:49pm

Re: Re: Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day
PJ, it appears wikipedia agrees. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestion P.S. I got caught masticating at work this morning and I wasn't even embarassed!

January 04, 7:47am

Re: Observations point to the Obvious
how long is recorded history...a hundred years?

In Philosophy & Technique » I like nature- I am a dirty, crunchy, organic-eating, bike-riding hippie.
January 03, 10:43pm

Re: Ultralight in the Icebox
I don't think the below sentence is accurate. Human skin does not sweat in response to "sensing" humidity differentials between "outside" and "inside". "...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight in the Icebox
January 03, 2:55pm

Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Some "accuracy trusted" articles below. http://thru-hiker.com/articles.asp?subcat=12&cid=39

January 03, 2:34pm

Re: Yeah...
I did end up finding something to get..some pack liners and water tablets.

In GEAR » I was all pumped but...
January 02, 3:09pm

Re: 1.25 lbs of food per day?
Ask him for his food list for that trip. I imagine calorie dense foods with a few snacks between meals to keep the hunger pangs down.

January 02, 3:47am

Re: reply
Did you consider pyramid or similar shapes like the golite hex, oware pyramd, MSR twin peaks?

In Winter Hiking » Best lightweight winter tent?
January 01, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm