Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Guest

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3251 - 3260 of 3835 | Page: 1 ...317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ...384

Forum » Thread

WTB: MLD Revelation
Let me know if you have a MLD Revelation for sale. I'm only interested in the 2900 cu inch model (2009), not the older 1850 cu inch model for a couple years back. Size medium please.

In Gear Swap » WTB: MLD Revelation
October 28, 11:57pm

Hmm...
Hmm....it'll be interesting to see what the future holds.

In GEAR » ULA New owner?
October 28, 4:44pm

Re: really?
"Golite discontinued the Reed Pant? That is very surprising, it was the "Gold Standard" of UL rain pants. Any reason as to why?" It seems to me that Golite is changing their ...

In GEAR » GoLite Reed Rain Pant. Available?
October 28, 1:08pm

MYOG
Nice sunrise shot. MYOG is fun stuff. I just sewed my first MYOG project tonight...a 0.25oz spinnaker stuff sack for my 'essentials'. It's probably about 2 liters in volume. I got a ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Superior Hiking Trail September Thru-hike (and some MYOG stuff)
October 28, 12:11am

Re: Actual experience with a golite ultra 20
I wonder about the rating with an insulated layer, like a thermawrap and insulated pants in a bivy, on a neoair on top of a blue pad I think you'd get to about 20F with this setup. I think y...

In GEAR » Actual experience with a golite ultra 20
October 28, 12:01am

Re: Re: Juan De Fuca - Vancouver Island, BC - Oct. 19th - 23rd
Both packs are 2009 GoLite Jam's. Mine is the blue one and my wife's is the black one. In the past, my wife has carried 15-20lbs in an internal framed pack and complained about the comfort....

In Post-Trip Reports » Juan De Fuca - Vancouver Island, BC - Oct. 19th - 23rd
October 27, 5:24pm

eXpresso
Uhh...yeah they're sorta related but they're much faster to eat :)

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trail Mix Recipes
October 26, 11:58pm

Rarely
Yeah I second the above poster. Volume rarely trumps weight. As you move towards lighter gear it naturally gets more compact so volume isn't really a concern. The only time I would opt for the ...

In Gear Lists » How Do You Handle Weight vs Volume?
October 26, 11:56pm

new Quilts
I wish we had more info on the new Golite quilts. 6oz is a big jump given the explanation ('packed with a little more down'). The current Ultra 20 has 9.5oz of down. I highly doubt that it&...

In GEAR » GoLite Ultra 20 (brief review)
October 26, 8:51pm

Chocolate Covered Expresso Beans
Chocolate covered coffee/expresso beans are pure gold in trail mix.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trail Mix Recipes
October 26, 8:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm