Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3251 - 3260 of 3883 | Page: 1 ...317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ...389

Forum » Thread

Neck
Is the neck perhaps a bit loose? If it's going to be loose like this then there isn't much point in having insulation in the neck collar. I find with quite a few insulated jkts that they...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Microlight Jacket Review
November 04, 2:29pm

Re: Fully proof?
"Is this thing fullly water PROOF?" I haven't used the Triumph Anorak, but I have the North Face Venture jkt which uses the same Hyvent DT membrane and I've been very impressed...

In GEAR » North Face 5.4oz waterproof w/hood
November 04, 12:21pm

Montbell
New Montbell U.L. Down Inner Parka on eBay for $125 buy it now or the bidding starts at $79: http://cgi.ebay.com/MONTBELL-U-L-Down-Inner-Parka-New-w-tags-Large-Olive_W0QQitemZ280418949671QQcmdZVie...

In Gear Lists » Birthday Money
November 04, 12:39am

Mica
Good to know about the Mica. Perhaps you can re-DWR it so it holds up better before wetting out? Might be time to bust out the Nikwax. I was leaning towards getting the Mica to replace my DriDuc...

In GEAR » AT Gear Reviews
November 04, 12:34am

Re: Lightest Synthetic jacket/insulation layer
I like option one if you need to get a significantly warmer clothing system. Vests can be pretty light and provide a lot of warmth plus they are versatile because if it's warmer out you can lea...

In Gear Lists » Lightest Synthetic jacket/insulation layer
November 04, 12:27am

Mica
So the Mica jacket wetted out (vastly reducing breathability), but the membrane did not fail right?

In GEAR » AT Gear Reviews
November 04, 12:11am

Re: Toasting coffee beans for a breakfast trail mix
"So, basically toasting a handful of Starbucks beans in a non-oiled pan for a minute or so should do the trick, no?" Perhaps. All i know is that regular coffee beans will not work in t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trail Mix Recipes
November 04, 12:00am

Thanks
Thanks for posting up the gear lists.....interesting for sure to see those after reading the article.

In Editor's Roundtable » Le Parcour de Wild Race Report
November 03, 11:52pm

More thoughts
After re-reading your initial post, it seems that this product isn't really what you're looking for since you want the merino (no smell) in the arm pits so your sweat never does contact the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Polyester-Merino Wool Baselayer Idea
November 03, 11:46pm

Helly Hansen
I work for Helly Hansen. The 'HH Warm' aka ProWool line of baselayers are all constructed of polypro and merino wool. You can see these polypro/merino garments here: http://www.hellyhansen...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Polyester-Merino Wool Baselayer Idea
November 03, 11:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm