Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3221 - 3230 of 3971 | Page: 1 ...314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ...398

Forum » Thread

Re: DriDucks?
There is about two years of talk to review by searching the forum. Some like them, some don't.

In GEAR » DriDucks?
December 13, 8:29am

Re: just one real problem...
All of Reality's links go to amazon making one wonder if someone can get some kickback for amazon linking...

In Chaff » Practical Backpacking: Does anyone use it?
December 13, 8:26am

Re: Garmin H
And at more than double the weight of a foretrex 101 after adding two AA batts. Eric typed. "I must say I’ve never seen the great attraction of that expensive tiny little pixel screen, e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS REVIEW
December 13, 8:22am

Re: Re: Multiple Tealights
I'll wager that the priming time (and fuel used) for an aluminum can versus tealight holder of the same volume is insignificant.

In GEAR » Multiple Tealights
December 13, 8:17am

Re: Lightning vs Hubba Hubba vs SL3
whichever one is on sale...I'd probably spring for the hubba hubba

In GEAR » Lightning vs Hubba Hubba vs SL3
December 12, 6:03pm

Re: Shell
Somebody needs to track down a stuff sack that might be good for waterproof mitts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The thermarest silnylon stuff sacks come to mind since they are long and slender.

In GEAR » Does a waterproof mitt shell have to be breathable?
December 11, 9:32am

Re: Re: Re: Why I simply don't buy into it Bisphenol A (BPA) is a key industrial chemical used to make polycarbonate plastic, epoxy resins and other products. Following the four-step proced...

In GEAR » Polycarbonate controversry
December 10, 11:02pm

Re: Friction, fungus, etc
Whoa..that between-the-cheeks friction would take a whole nother approach maybe. Your family physician may have some recommendations. Off the top of my head, if I had that issue, I'd try using ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Overcoming Chafe for LONG hikes????
December 10, 6:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Muscular Thighs
Roger, there are at least three different things being discussed here that affect the groin, anus and/or upper thigh. 1. Irritant contact dermatitis (Diaper rash)- what Roger is talking about. C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Overcoming Chafe for LONG hikes????
December 10, 3:30pm

Re: Muscular Thighs
If I were having chaffing problems, I would get a lycra short that went down past the chaffing area. If it's due to being overweight, losing weight might help. As for the the groin fungal in...

December 10, 1:59pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm