BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3221 - 3230 of 3614 | Page: 1 ...314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gear List - Summer Sierra night hiking
Brett, I am with you. I don't think I could sleep face down like that guy in the pic ;P

In Gear Lists » Gear List - Summer Sierra night hiking
March 02, 6:53am

Re: Re: Medical Ultralight
Kevin, what are your antibiotics of choice for backpacking?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Medical Ultralight
March 01, 3:50am

Buck minitool
I had one of the buck minitools but returned it. When you clamp down using the pliers, because of the way it closes, the handles can give and slide sideways. You'd have to see how it closes to ...

In GEAR » Ultralight knives and multi tools?
February 28, 7:48am

Re: any experience with the "no sniveller" or "stealth" ?
I was checking out the pic on their website of the stealth. From the pic it appears that quilt does not close up well around the shoulders. If accurate that would allow big time drafts in the shoul...

In GEAR » any experience with the "no sniveller" or "stealth" ?
February 22, 9:09pm

Re: Bitrate
I agree. Slim Whitman

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Scott Williamson and Yo-Yo-ing the Pacific Crest Trail
February 21, 10:11am

Re: Re: Practice Run
Then of course there is the issue of that snow mound not being built at 10,000 feet. on the side of a mountain wearing snowshoes and trying not to trip over them while building it : ).

In Editor's Roundtable » Igloo Building for Fun and Shelter, Part 2 - Using an Igloo as a Backcountry Shelter
February 20, 7:58am

Re: Re: Nice Pics
I cut the floor (left 8" for snow flaps) and door out of a eureka zeus 1 exo and used it snow camping last weekend at Taos, at 11,000 feet. It probably cannot be called a tent any more huh? Go...

In GEAR » New Mont Bell Single Wall Tents
February 19, 2:12pm

Ben, heard that...lol. I have not experienced the raining effect..yet.

February 19, 10:55am

To ask for no condensation in a single wall tent of any kind is asking too much IMO. I have learned to expect it and deal with it in all my single wall tentages.

February 19, 10:14am

Re: Fuel Soot
Walmart even sells their own brand of "heet" type fuel additive.

In Make Your Own Gear » Alcohol Stove Fuel Types - The Black Coating?
February 19, 7:30am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm