BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3221 - 3230 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear test trip report;Japan alps,Kamikochi..
A 50F bag in 25F conditions...now whats the rest of the story? : ) You'd have to be the warmest sleeping person in the world, wearing one of those suits the everest climbers wear, or sharing...

In Post-Trip Reports » Gear test trip report;Japan alps,Kamikochi..
May 05, 11:04am

Re: Man dies of thirst during survival test
Yep, this is from last July when two people died around the same time on two separate guided trips, an Outward Bound trip and a BOSS trip. http://www.backpacking.net/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Man dies of thirst during survival test
May 03, 8:01am

Re: Backpack and Tent Sale!
10% or less off. One sale price listed is the same as regular price for one of the packs.

In Gear Deals » Backpack and Tent Sale!
May 03, 7:44am

Re: What does "unsupported" stand for to you?
going commando?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What does "unsupported" stand for to you?
May 02, 6:07pm

Re: Podcast: Roundtable Discussion of the Limits of Ultralight Backpacking
Nice podcast Ken. Who sings the song at the end of the podcast? I would like to buy some of that music.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Roundtable Discussion of the Limits of Ultralight Backpacking
May 02, 12:55pm

Re: New Oware "bargain bivy"
It's not a bargain in my book. The equinox bivy is nearly the same without the bugnet for nearly half the price..now that's a bargain.

In GEAR » New Oware "bargain bivy"
May 01, 10:52am

Re: hardcore ultralight food
Bill Fornshell has used something, maybe ensure for hikes?

In GEAR » hardcore ultralight food
May 01, 7:22am

Re: sub 15 oz bear deterrent
I forgot to say something positive to Mr. Brian...it is a great idea and I hope it works out for you! Take my "wanderings" as simply brainstorming issues that will come up sooner or later...

In GEAR » Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
April 30, 8:36pm

Re: Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
A few wanderings... 1. Is 1.2 seconds between electric discharges too much? If a hungry, aggressive bear crushes it on first approach, game over. 2. How big is the turn off button? If the bear ...

In GEAR » Sub 15 oz bear deterrent...
April 30, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Best pillow?
James, last year Walgreens had some orange water wings that were slightly lighter and hold air well overnight. That one pair will last me years hopefully.

In GEAR » Best pillow?
April 28, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm