BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3211 - 3220 of 3321 | Page: 1 ...313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333

Forum » Thread

agreed
no arguments here- knowledge/innovation is indeed paramount in wilderness first aid that same handy baggie can also be used (w/a little duct tape) as a occlusive patch for a chest wound

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in your first aid kit?
September 17, 1:41pm

someone who owns both!
Thomas- thanks for your insight, I really didn't think there would be anyone out there w/ first hand experience w/ both :) sounds like two very well thought out out designs easy pitch is ...

In GEAR » GG "The One" or Tarptent "Sublite"
September 17, 1:29pm

interested in both tents
I'm also looking at both these tents- between the two sublites I think the Sil version will fit my needs better than the tyvek (but then again maybe not???) Looks like the one has a bit of a...

In GEAR » GG "The One" or Tarptent "Sublite"
September 17, 8:28am

aluminum arrow update
the aluminum arrow works quite nicely- I cut two 12" pieces and drilled holes for the ti spokes- w/ eight 9.5" spokes and the two arrow pieces it's right at 1.4 oz, the ti spokes are ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
September 16, 6:37pm

irrigator
I had read the same thing concerning pressure- there are several medical reports documenting this (just google high pressure wound irrigation) we must have the same 12cc irrigator, as mine weigh...

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in your first aid kit?
September 16, 5:51pm

nimbus
ahh- choices in torso and belts and straps = nice option :) can anyone comment on the difference between the frames from the vapor line and the nimbus line? her base weight is under 10 lbs (u...

In GEAR » advice on woman's UL packs
September 16, 1:15pm

compressing
I'm w/ the above two posters- down, and especially syn, will be more "happy" the less it's compressed- sometimes you don't have much of a choice, given a choice though I'l...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smallest compressed sleeping bag setup?
September 16, 9:43am

granite gear
evidently I did a pi$$ poor job of researching as it appears the entire line of Granite Gear Women's packs comes w/ s,m.l belt options that opens some possibilities :)

September 16, 9:27am

women's packs
are there any of the lighter women's pack that have swappable waist belts? I haven't found any. my wife tired out a small Exos 34 that I thought would be perfect for her- the torso leng...

September 16, 8:06am

flex-air
I was a little skeptical of the Flex-air, but for the $ I'd figured I wouldn't be out much if I didn't like. Well to my surprise (and my wife's) they are quite comfoy- we're us...

In GEAR » Pillows
September 16, 7:22am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm