BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3211 - 3220 of 3349 | Page: 1 ...313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ...335

Forum » Thread

just ordered a 900
Jason- worked for me- just ordered a 900 lid 0.7 vs 2.0 oz :) Mike

In Gear Deals » FS: Snow Peak 600, Trek 700, and Trek 900 Lids
September 27, 7:29pm

he's found a niche
I think there is a thread floating around (gear deals?) where a bunch of guys expressed interest in both 700 & 900 lids (w/ his 600 original offering) looks like he's finding a niche :)

In GEAR » Jason Klass lids for MSR Titan Pots (1, 1.5, & 2 liter)
September 27, 7:16pm

heat resistance
not sure how heat resistant the aluminum would be, I might play w/ the left over aluminum arrow shat and see :)

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
September 27, 4:11pm

weights may be off a little
I also ordered some tube from american plastic (had to go slightly larger 2" od for the spinning rod) I went w/ the 1/16" wall and I agree it's just about right from a protection s...

In Fishing » Durable but light fly rod tube for backpacking
September 27, 3:10pm

finally
well finally got everything together :) the arrow section worked perfectly as the outer piece w/ the 5/16" section the 5/16" stores all eight ti rods had to cut the inner (5/16&q...

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
September 27, 2:58pm

two more worth looking at
here are a couple of more that might be worth looking into- both right at 2.0 oz RAT Izula- 2 oz- evidently pretty tough (pic of it in action) Buck Kaala 1.9 oz

In GEAR » Wood Stoves and Knives
September 27, 9:14am

packing for others
not sure of the age of your son, but be sure to factor in if your going to be carrying additional gear besides your own I don't know who the quote is attributable to, but goes something alon...

In GEAR » UL BAckpacks
September 27, 8:38am

too late, have fun!
too late to be of any help before you leave, but a few comments looks like you could lose a few oz in the misc section 5 oz for a 1st aid kit could probably be whittled down to ~ 1/2- there a...

In Gear Lists » ADK high peaks next week
September 25, 1:09pm

bird and trout
^ I liked that one as well, enough so I ordered one- thinking about bolstering the handle a little w/ some spectra cord and secreting a small fire steel into the weave on a somewhat related note...

In GEAR » UL pocketknife - what blade do you carry?
September 25, 12:49pm

check the thread in technique/philosophy
some relevant discussion here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=18596 I am glad to hear the heat sheets work decently- I...

In GEAR » Doing without a sleeping bag
September 25, 8:18am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm