BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3211 - 3220 of 3614 | Page: 1 ...313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: UL Thermawrap v. Micropuff pullover
The micropuff would be overkill for me at 40 degrees.

In GEAR » UL Thermawrap v. Micropuff pullover
March 12, 3:01am

Re: Kifaru's New Sleep System
Those prices are not inviting huh.

In GEAR » Kifaru's New Sleep System
March 11, 7:25am

Windshirt/windpants over clothing
Montane litespeed over the torso, montane featherlite pants over the legs. No taking off clothes to put more back on or vice the versa in the morning. Works the same at keeping bag clean and has do...

In Philosophy & Technique » sleepwear
March 08, 3:10pm

Re: Event-like car covers
http://tinyurl.com/2h8b3f A gore-tex timeline.

In Editor's Roundtable » The eVENT Single Wall Tent: Here, Then Gone – What’s Replacing It?
March 06, 11:14am

Re: Re: Re: steripen and helminthes
I hear ya Gene. Most liver cysts are not parasitic and are incidental (and benign) findings while investigating other patient complaints. More on liver cysts...offtopic I realize. http://www....

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 06, 7:42am

Re: steripen and helminthes
Frank said, "I'm not sure if doctors elsewhere are so informed." Oh ye of little faith. I think most docs in the USA will diagnose it in short time by serology or ultrasound and bi...

In Editor's Roundtable » SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier REVIEW
March 05, 9:05am

Re: Clothing suggestions
That should be good. I use the same except sometimes opt to take my Montbell UL Down Inner Jacket for a little more warmth if temps will be around freezing.

In GEAR » Clothing suggestions
March 05, 7:21am

Re: pathogens
HAHA... Tom said, "and c__p your way to the nearest trailhead"

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pathogenic organisms sickness
March 04, 6:04am

Re: Silnylon Water Bag
Philip contact antigravity gear and see if they will make one. They have been/will be bringing back some DLG gear to the market.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Silnylon Water Bag
March 04, 6:03am

Re: Gear ideas needed
When I paddle, it is the same as for UL backpacking (with extra attention paid to waterproofing) plus paddle specific gear. I bring my same bakpack and either cover it with a trash compacter bag or...

In Gear Lists » Gear ideas needed
March 03, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm