BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day "Shoulder Season" list- Rocky Mtns

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3201 - 3210 of 3388 | Page: 1 ...312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ...339

Forum » Thread

Re: I will take the knife
it's yours pm'd w/ paypal info

In Gear Swap » FS Cold Steel bird and trout knife
November 07, 6:48pm

windscreen
if you search for Esbit in the G Spot forum I did a comparo between esbit and wetfire- no comparison in the end- the wetire makes a great emergency tinder (even if things are soaking wet), but it d...

In Make Your Own Gear » windscreen for esbit stove
November 07, 11:08am

FS Cold Steel bird and trout knife
it's brand new (still have the box, etc)- I've wrapped it w/ ~ 10' of 200# spectra cord and has a new Firesteel secreted in it weighs 1.3 oz with cord/sheath/firesteel! :) $20 shi...

In Gear Swap » FS Cold Steel bird and trout knife
November 07, 10:58am

?'s
ahh- that's good to know! thank you Sir :)

In Gear Deals » New Oware Extra Large Bivys
November 03, 12:56pm

?'s
thanks Dave my NEO is the 72x20x2.5", some of the "traditional" bivies don't accommodate the thickness of the NEO

November 03, 7:28am

wetfire
my wetfire tinders will be limited to one (couple in the winter) for emergency fire starting- Esbit is the clear choice for the stove

In GEAR » UST Wetfire Stove
November 03, 7:22am

10 oz pack
I do think that is a niche that a fair number of folks would be interested in- basically a slightly smaller Ohm, slight lightening of some of the panels (still keeping it on the sturdy side) 10 ...

In GEAR » ULA New Owner interviewed!
November 02, 8:38am

?'s
David- will this work w/ a full length Neo pad? also can you briefly contrast the two tops? does the netting pull up allowing you to tie it off above? weight? thanks much Mike

November 02, 8:20am

gossamer gear
LMK if it's something different- I haven't ordered anything as of yet

In GEAR » Pack mesh
October 27, 8:39am

video
thanks Mark for posting that- clearly demonstrates the Wetfire makes a great fire starter, Esbit makes a great stove fuel :)

In GEAR » UST Wetfire Stove
October 27, 7:47am

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm