BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 321 - 330 of 341 | Page: 1 ...16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Forum » Thread

PM sent
I'd like to get this pack from you.

In Gear Swap » FS: Golite Jam (2009) Large
August 25, 10:39pm

Hiking Pole Tents
I recently bought a LightHeart Gear Solong6 tent and Love It!!!, which was why I was wondering about the possibility of retrofitting the Diamond. Just a thought.

In GEAR » Questions about Montbell Diamond
August 25, 9:56pm

LightHeartGear SoLong6
Actually the Solong6 is an oz less than the Solo after I switched out the guy lines with Dyneema and mini locs.

In GEAR » Tents for Tall People
August 24, 8:03pm

Beautiful Job!!
Just saying!!! Your work is an inspiration to us who have squirreled away a ton of Sil-Nylon and are trying to think up things to make with it!!!

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid tent - 11 x 11 feet
August 24, 8:00pm

Hiking poles
I know it is off of the subject a bit, but I can't help but to think that it would be awesome to be able to figure out how to use hiking poles instead of tent poles with this tent. Possibly wit...

In GEAR » Questions about Montbell Diamond
August 24, 7:22pm

2nd on the Hudson
Ya never know!

In Gear Swap » FS Jacks R Better Quilts and Bivy
August 21, 6:59pm

Everclear
Hey, everclear wasn't bad with some cherry koolaid lol and doesn't take much to make a strong drink ;)

In GEAR » Which brand of denatured alcohol? Where to get it in US?
August 15, 5:45pm

Everclear
I have been using Everclear. It burns very nicely and is almost completely Ethanol(95%)) (5% water), i'm guessing. It is readily available here. Is there any downside to it other that the price?

In GEAR » Which brand of denatured alcohol? Where to get it in US?
August 15, 3:01am

Silk vs Wool
I have had the opposite experience with silk. I have silk underwear tops and for me they are very warm even though they are very thin and light. The only downside I have noticed with mine is that t...

In GEAR » Silk Versus Wool: Practicality
August 15, 2:51am

How about a lighter Marmot Limelight 3?
I have a Marmot Titan 3, which is functionally identical to the Limelight 3, except it is almost all no-see-um mesh on the inner tent body, and weighs a little less. I also have a Limelight 3 footp...

In Gear Swap » WTB Marmot Limelight 3 Tent
August 14, 7:24pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am