Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Witt (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Witt has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Witt

Showing 321 - 330 of 334 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Forum » Thread

Quilts for restless sleepers
I toss and turn alot while sleeping and have noticed a number of references to quilts (i'm thinking about buying/making one) not being good for sidesleepers. Are there other restless sleepers out...

In GEAR » Quilts for restless sleepers
August 12, 6:56pm

Tyvek de-constructed
Ok, I can see the argument as to how it's a problem if there was a massive run on USPS Tyvek envelopes caused by UL backpackers with maladjusted moral compasses. If it ever becomes a crisis, I'l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Good use for Tyvek from Post Office Envelopes?
August 12, 6:45pm

Moral compass continued...
Jim, Despite your having pigeonholed me as singing a "familiar song" that you find repellent, we share a lot of views. I too, have grave concerns about the path that the captains of industry, as ...

In Chaff » moral compass continued
August 12, 6:38pm

tyvek postal envelopes
Folks, definitely do not want to start a flame war, I respect your opinions on this. I respect the idea that we should follow through on principles at every level of our lives. And I particularly ...

July 30, 4:56pm

Good use for Tyvek from Post Office Envelopes?
Just went to the post office and noticed that you can take basically as many Tyvek shipping envelopes as you want, for free. Started wondering about deconstructing them and then gluing them toge...

July 29, 5:13pm

stuffing Polarguard 3D
I just got a patagonia micropuff pullover. It came w/ a small stuff sack. Is it advisable to use the stuff sack, or will it permanently damage the insulation? thanks!

In GEAR » stuffing Polarguard 3D
July 29, 5:06pm

Re: working with down
Great idea for a MYOG article. Can't wait to see it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Any Tricks for Working with Down?
July 29, 5:05pm

Rain Pants vs/ Windpants
I hope this is in the right forum. What do folks think about bringing rain pants and windpants? Couldn't I leave one? Summer or late summer backpacking in the Sierras or colorado rockies....

In Philosophy & Technique » Rain Pants vs/ Windpants
July 29, 1:33am

Montbell Dry-Tec Performance?
Any thoughts on the breathability of this fabric? In a bivy would it be somewhere between gore-tex and the pertex or epic? thanks!

In GEAR » Montbell Dry-Tec Performance?
July 29, 1:13am

Re: Re: EPIC durability
Thanks Paul, any other ideas about EPIC's long-term durability?

In GEAR » EPIC durability
July 22, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by John Witt

John Witt has posted no reviews.