BPL Community Profile

Dan Magdoff (highsierraguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Dan Magdoff has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listupdated gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Magdoff

Showing 321 - 330 of 428 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Forum » Thread

knife
I carry a knife with me...but not with the intention for emergencies....the main reason I use it for it cleaning fish. But I also use it for cutting cheese or salami, cutting cord and moleskin...a...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 20, 11:30pm

PM
PM sent to both of ya

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking and Kayaking Juneau Alaska
October 20, 10:47pm

Aquamira Frontier Pro Water filter chemcial treatment
Hey everyone SO I am getting an aquamira frontier pro filter to make my own gravity filter set up. I know that the pore size is pretty big so it is recommended to supplement the filter system wit...

In GEAR » Aquamira Frontier Pro Water filter chemcial treatment
October 18, 1:25am

PM sent
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Aquamira Frontier Pro, new
October 18, 1:15am

Juneau
So ive only got 9 days in Juneau. I plan on doing a 3-4 day backpacking trip up towards Windfall Lake and the Herbert River area. Then hike out...resupply with food and rent kayaks to go out Admi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking and Kayaking Juneau Alaska
October 16, 10:07pm

Backpacking and Kayaking Juneau Alaska
Hey everyone I posted a thread a few months ago about a trip to Juneau I am planning for this coming August. Since then I have gotten so more information and have a better idea of what I want to ...

October 16, 1:13pm

gotch ya!
Ok...I thought you had the foil start at the burner...makes much more sense if it is just standing on the ground. Thanks for the advice!

In GEAR » MSR pocket rocket windscreen
October 16, 12:21am

foil for a windscreen
Ive tried using heavy duty foil before, but I can never seem to get it to fit properly around the stove stop/ pot, and it always seems to slip or fall off. Any particular technique you use to get i...

October 16, 12:14am

windscreen
I was told that as long as the screen wrap around the canister it should be just fine. To just have the screen cover where the flame comes out and makes contact with the pot. Is that not true?

October 15, 9:50pm

ill take it
PM sent

In Gear Swap » MSR Pocket Rocket
October 15, 9:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Magdoff

Dan Magdoff has posted no reviews.