BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 321 - 330 of 610 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Ridge Camp, West of Mt. Baldy, 3/31 thru 4/1/2012
Awesome report. Enjoyed the read and pics. I've definitely done a couple "head out because there's a storm coming" and there're always some moments where you second guess it...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ridge Camp, West of Mt. Baldy, 3/31 thru 4/1/2012
April 01, 6:07pm

Re: Patagonia Merino 1 durability?
I have some of the old Merino 1 stuff from a couple years ago that's even lighter than the new M1 and it's far exceeded my expectations as far as durability. Much more durable than 150g I...

In GEAR » Patagonia Merino 1 durability?
April 01, 5:54pm

Re: Dirty Devil Packrafting
Awesome! One of my favorite areas. Did you do any side exploring other than Happy Canyon? I love the diversity of the canyons in that stretch.

In Post-Trip Reports » Dirty Devil Packrafting
March 29, 5:02pm

Re: Patagonia Puff Pullover or Montbell UL Thermawrap?
Sorry to complicate things further, but check out the Rab Xenon as well. That's what I'd go for of the three (I really like a hood). edit: also, Thermawrap is 50g insulation Nanopuff ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Puff Pullover or Montbell UL Thermawrap?
March 29, 8:24am

Re: Re: LaSportiva XCountry review
Dave have you tried Inov8 212s? I've only had one pair but was really surprised how durable the uppers were. They're probably comprable to the X Countries protection-wise. After over a ...

In GEAR » LaSportiva XCountry review
March 29, 7:47am

Alan Lomax archive
This is online now. Holy smokes. Prepare to be marvelously overwhelmed. http://research.culturalequity.org/

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Music is your only friend
March 28, 8:20am

Re: Re: Robber's roost
Andrew, I did take a Foretrex 301 that I have a track from. PM me if you want it and I can email it to you.

In Post-Trip Reports » 48 hours in Robber's Roost
March 19, 11:54am

48 hours in Robber's Roost
The Roost is primarily a canyoneering destination, which means most of the traffic is limited to only the very ends of the fingertips of the many canyons in the area. Backpacking in the area is al...

In Post-Trip Reports » 48 hours in Robber's Roost
March 19, 11:10am

Re: Re: Re: re: Escalante loop
Definitely stay away from Boulder Creek (at least above the confluence with Deer Creek). We took a couple of first time backpackers down there last summer and it was a horrible bushwhack and the c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 75-100 mile Southern Utah trips?
March 16, 8:10am

Re: Re: Nylofume Bags
Just want to say that these are awesome compared to Opsacks. The only bummer is you almost need earplugs while opening/closing/handling them...

In Gear Swap » FS: Nylofume Bags, Round 3
March 15, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.