BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 321 - 330 of 1794 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...180

Forum » Thread

Vapor Barrier ?
Hi Rob, Have you ever looked at my comments on the RBH VB shirt and pants. RBH VB shirt and pants I have been wearing them a lot the last few weeks. It has been a bit cold here in south T...

In GEAR » Vapor Barrier question
December 08, 7:59pm

Re: Conceal carry.
Jeffery, You maybe right. I cop friend told me that. Whatever, I don't hike in Texas.

In Chaff » New Rule: Guns Now Allowed in (some) National Parks
December 05, 11:53pm

New Rule: Guns Now Allowed in (some) National Parks
If you feel the need to carry a weapon for your safety then carry it. Where I live - Texas - it is only a third class misdemeanor if I get caught with a concealed weapon. I should only get caug...

In Chaff » New Rule: Guns Now Allowed in (some) National Parks
December 05, 8:01pm

Re: Lightest Fabric?
Hi John, Interesting question but without the weight of what you are now using how can we suggest something else. Weight per sq yard of the silk is? Why does it need to be breathable?

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Fabric?
November 24, 12:59am

BPL Hoodie-MYOG
Hi Donna, Thanks for your nice comments. I would hope that most of us will find "courage and strength" to fight the many problems live can deal us. I have been blessed with early det...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG-SW Capilene Hood Project:
November 15, 12:26pm

BPL Hoodie-MYOG
"Interesting new profile pic, Bill. Are you being ironic?" Hi Devin, Ironic, interesting word. I was on my way home last night from the hospital after having yet another bit of s...

November 14, 9:21am

BPL Hoodie
Gee, It only took you a bit over 2 years to get here with your Merino Hoodie. Two years to market for a new product like this may be good. I am glad it is about here as it should be popular. ...

November 10, 5:45pm

Black Plastic Snap Source
I have looked at different products on the market to instal "good" snaps for several years. I followed the link to the "Very Baby" site. I called them back when this threa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Black Plastic Snap Source?
November 10, 11:51am

Driducks Bivy
This is from an old thread here: Source for 3M propore and make your one bivy questions I have 5 yards of the Yellow Propore and it weighs 2.37 ounces per sq yard. What I have came from 3M in...

In Make Your Own Gear » Driducks bivy
November 01, 7:01pm

Testing the RBH Designs VaprThrm NTS Shirt and VaprThrm Pants
RBH Designs has a few user comments about how they have used the RBH - VB - gear. I started this thread some time back in Jan 2007. Last week the temp's here in south Texas got down to 39 ...

In Winter Hiking » Vapor Barrier wetness
October 29, 11:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am