BPL Community Profile

Ben Crowell (bcrowell) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Ben Crowell has not added a biography yet.
CityFullerton
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crowell

Showing 321 - 329 of 329 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear List
Scott wrote: "What kind of non-cook food are you taking." I usually take crackers, cookies, pesto, olive oil, hard salami, hard cheese, a bunch of different kinds of nuts and dried fru...

In Gear Lists » gear list, JMT, solo, July
June 09, 3:01pm

Re: Re: gear list, JMT, solo, July
Hi, Chris, Thanks for the comments! The campsuds are what I use for hand washing. Dropper bottles are for DEET and soap. I don't find I really need gloves or rain gear in the Sierra in...

June 09, 2:27pm

gear list, JMT, solo, July
Hi, all, Here is my gear list for the JMT, which I'm hiking solo in the second half of July. I'm expecting my longest time without resupply to be about a week. Total pack weight (excludi...

June 09, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Re: "Backpacker Going Lightweight"
Hi, Bob, Thanks for your comments. >Once you've used GPS for a while longer, you will learn how to interpret those results better. Well, I've been using GPS since 2002, but I do a...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
June 09, 1:43pm

Re: Re: Giardia
Nia wrote: "I got giardia twice last summer while hiking the pct and those were my symptoms." Interesting. Any idea what area of the PCT you got it on? I guess it could be hard to tell...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 09, 9:04am

stay with the running shoes
Hi, Randy, I'm going north to south starting a week after you. Should be the trip of a lifetime! My daughter and I were on the section between Red's Meadow and Silver Pass last year, ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » reason to change footwear for JMT
June 08, 6:06pm

my experience
I have two daughters, 10 and 13. My older daughter and I have been going backpacking together in the Sierra every summer since she was 6. My younger daughter doesn't really like camping or back...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking life after children
June 08, 5:54pm

Re: "Backpacker Going Lightweight"
Hi, Chris, Looks pretty good. Since you're going to be in mountains, you might actually find that an altimeter is a more useful navigational tool than GPS. In a decent-sized group, carryi...

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
June 08, 5:28pm

free for pickup in Fullerton, CA: child's sleeping bag
I have a summer-weight synthetic mummy bag that my kids have outgrown. If anyone in the area wants it, I'll be happy to give it to anyone who will pick it up. The length is about 52 inches. I...

In Gear Swap » free for pickup in Fullerton, CA: child's sleeping bag
June 08, 4:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crowell

Ben Crowell has posted no reviews.