Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 321 - 330 of 479 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: Zpacks Hexanet VS. MLD Bivy
Travis, I own a Hexnet but not a MLD Bivy. But here is my 2 cents: "-: Tedious/time consuming to set up" Depends on how you set it up. I will often opt for a hobo tent, which is jus...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexanet VS. MLD Bivy
March 02, 11:36am

Great timing
So I went to a sporting goods store to look at windbreakers to replace one of my layers, when lucky for me, not only was there a sale on windbreakers, but also on base layers! So I now have a new ...

In Gear Lists » First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
March 02, 7:29am

A few more details
Sorry, I forgot to note that -2C lows are for nighttime in March and November. It can go lower, but that is just a personal estimate. Actually last year was a colder year, it got down to -15 one ...

March 01, 11:10am

Re: Re: First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
Wow, thanks for the great detailed feedback. I will definitely take it into consideration, seems like you know your stuff. When I am moving I usually take one of my layers off, mind you, usuall...

March 01, 9:36am

First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
I am pretty much done with tinkering around with my spring/fall base weight gear lists and I am very happy with them. For rain or high chance of rain, my base is just under 8lbs, and for dry weath...

March 01, 6:30am

Gear Grams library total
For those of you that use geargrams, there is a total weight for your entire library. Mine is 36.4 pounds, and that is including my wife's gear too. This includes: 6 backpacks 4 sleepin...

In Chaff » Full Skin Out.....of ALL my gear
March 01, 1:54am

Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
12.5 total pack weight is pretty sweet, you really can move. I have done overnighters with total pack weight of not quite 10lbs and it was awesome. I bushwack a lot, so it's nice to be able t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 2:36pm

re: shorter trips
@Piper: Good point about not having to deal with bad weather, on a thru hike you have to suck it up. Glad to hear I am not the only short tripper :) It's not that I feel apologetic or inferio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 2:27pm

Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
That's a good point. My focus was on time and energy constraints for those of us that cram a lot of activity into a very fun and active overnighter or weekender. With thru hikes there is can ...

February 26, 1:51pm

the switch to foam
Well if/when I need to replace my Xlite (or if it breaks), I'm getting a Ridge Rest Solar. I hope that I get at least a few years out of my Xlite, and by then I bet that there will be a new ve...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite didn't make it through night 1
February 26, 1:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.