Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 321 - 330 of 482 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...49

Forum » Thread

Learn to fish
My hobo fishing kit is 80g and I have caught plenty of fish with it. Fish is a great source of protein, and weigh nothing in your pack, so long as you can catch them out there. Mmm... nothing lik...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't use jello for protein
March 02, 3:18pm

Test complete!
Now I like to think of myself as very skeptical, and acknowledge things like confirmation bias, the power of suggestion, and the placebo effect. Being mindful of these things drives me to attempt ...

In Gear Lists » First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
March 02, 3:10pm

Re: Re:
"Does the baththub flooring on the Hexanet serve its purpose with just the 1 trekking pole (without corners guy'd out)?" I'm not sure. I never used it with a trekking pole, th...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexanet VS. MLD Bivy
March 02, 1:23pm

Re: Zpacks Hexanet VS. MLD Bivy
Travis, I own a Hexnet but not a MLD Bivy. But here is my 2 cents: "-: Tedious/time consuming to set up" Depends on how you set it up. I will often opt for a hobo tent, which is jus...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexanet VS. MLD Bivy
March 02, 11:36am

Great timing
So I went to a sporting goods store to look at windbreakers to replace one of my layers, when lucky for me, not only was there a sale on windbreakers, but also on base layers! So I now have a new ...

March 02, 7:29am

A few more details
Sorry, I forgot to note that -2C lows are for nighttime in March and November. It can go lower, but that is just a personal estimate. Actually last year was a colder year, it got down to -15 one ...

March 01, 11:10am

Re: Re: First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
Wow, thanks for the great detailed feedback. I will definitely take it into consideration, seems like you know your stuff. When I am moving I usually take one of my layers off, mind you, usuall...

March 01, 9:36am

First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
I am pretty much done with tinkering around with my spring/fall base weight gear lists and I am very happy with them. For rain or high chance of rain, my base is just under 8lbs, and for dry weath...

March 01, 6:30am

Gear Grams library total
For those of you that use geargrams, there is a total weight for your entire library. Mine is 36.4 pounds, and that is including my wife's gear too. This includes: 6 backpacks 4 sleepin...

In Chaff » Full Skin Out.....of ALL my gear
March 01, 1:54am

Re: Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
12.5 total pack weight is pretty sweet, you really can move. I have done overnighters with total pack weight of not quite 10lbs and it was awesome. I bushwack a lot, so it's nice to be able t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 2:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.