Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 321 - 330 of 491 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: Nice Trip Report
Thanks man, glad you liked the report and the scenery! Sweden is a backpacker's paradise. The pack is awesome! Very comfy and good weight distribution, and it's good to use for either ...

In Post-Trip Reports » March solo bushwacking overnight trip in Sweden
March 14, 12:04pm

Re: No snow!
Thanks, glad you liked it! There were a few very small patches of snow hidden away in places where no sun gets in, but hardly any. I am in the south, so it is warmer here, plus this Spring has be...

March 14, 6:10am

March solo bushwacking overnight trip in Sweden
It is also part two of my report on my new and improved 3 season system. Lots of pics! http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/ :)

March 13, 8:51am

Simple solution
Bring a full 1 liter water bottle (even a with a Platypus this will be about 1025g), bring your sleeping bag (my 3 season bag is 645g), and bring a scale next time your son's class has show and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight is hurting my son's grades
March 09, 6:55am

How long have you been a lightweight backpacker?
I'll go first. Back in November of 2010, I weighed my gear for the first time and posted the results here to be taken apart. Thankfully Mike Clelland (and others, though he gave the most de...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How long have you been a lightweight backpacker?
March 09, 6:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Blog complete!
Pretty sweet list, thanks for sharing. Always interesting to see other people's systems. Yup, if my math is right, your set up is 332g lighter than mine (clothing worn, that is), or 877g if y...

In Gear Lists » First time I weighed my 3 season clothing worn
March 07, 2:23pm

Re: Re: Blog complete!
Thanks for the feedback, and I don't think you are mean at all, no worries. I did note in the blog that the combination of clothing represents the ALL the clothing for the most challenging s...

March 07, 12:17pm

Blog complete!
For anyone that might be interested in my new and improved clothing worn list, along with pictures, as well as my current favorite big three gear items are, I got around to finish reading Sartre, a...

March 07, 9:23am

Haglöfs
I own a Lim 50 and love it. It's what I use all summer pretty much. Not sure about 3 season bags of theirs, but if they are of the same quality as this one, they ought to be good. Here it ...

In GEAR » Synthetic Quilts and Sleeping Bags
March 02, 3:27pm

Learn to fish
My hobo fishing kit is 80g and I have caught plenty of fish with it. Fish is a great source of protein, and weigh nothing in your pack, so long as you can catch them out there. Mmm... nothing lik...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Don't use jello for protein
March 02, 3:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.