BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 321 - 330 of 468 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...47

Forum » Thread

The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
As I have said before, due to school and family responsibilities, I am only able to take 1-3 day trips at the moment. In the future of course I fully intend on doing thru hikes, but for now I have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
February 26, 7:31am

PM sent
Hello, PM sent on Neoair. :)

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning: Sierra Sniveler, NB Fugu, NeoAir, Golite Lair/Nest & Shell
February 24, 11:16am

Here you go...
I've posted this before, but since you are asking: http://youtu.be/enZfKpCKsUM We can only guess at the weight of it all, but I am guessing over 50lbs. I actually tried to help the guy...

In Gear Lists » Heavy Gear List
February 21, 1:00pm

Re: SUL - Ojai, CA 3-Day / 2-Night Solo Thru-Hike
Thanks for the report, and very well done, especially with all the pictures and attention to detail. I am horrible at documenting my trips and most of the time rely on friends taking pictures and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL - Ojai, CA 3-Day / 2-Night Solo Thru-Hike
February 21, 2:21am

Thanks
Wow, what a wealth of info, thank you very much. I had never heard of Peace Pilgrim before, what an amazing story. In the future I would like to thru hike some of the long trails here in Sweden...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 10:50am

Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
Or what is the longest number of nights that you have spent out using a SUL system? Just curious, and looking to learn from someone that has done longer trips--what worked, what didn't, what...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Anyone done a SUL Thru-Hike?
February 17, 4:04am

Re: Nice input
Thanks. Funny that I'm not the only grad student on here with a custom Zero! What's your field? English Lit. here, plan on going for doctorate. 2012 is starting off well for me. I kind...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A relatively new convert to UL's take on "stagnation" and such
February 15, 5:09am

A relatively new convert to UL's take on "stagnation" and such
Over a year ago or so, I weighed my gear for the first time, made my first gear list, and posted it on here for feedback. I have to admit, my mind was blown. But I kept and open mind, tried some ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A relatively new convert to UL's take on "stagnation" and such
February 15, 3:04am

Depends
Some people get colder than others. For some reason, women seem to get colder than men, for example. If you are a cold sleeper, I'd say R 4 would do the trick. I am somewhat of a warm sl...

In GEAR » Winter and R values
February 13, 12:49am

Re: Re: Tested mine out on a great overnighter
Your hypothetical is answered in much the same way most gear failure hypotheticals are answered: I'd improvise. For one, a deflated Xlite has some R value to it, I think I saw someone on her...

In GEAR » Thermarest NeoAir XLite First Impressions
February 13, 12:30am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.