Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 321 - 330 of 616 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...62

Forum » Thread

The New mUV
The mUV is back and can be purchased directly from Meridian Designs for $49. They've changed it - it no longer has the magnetic leads (which I, quite honestly, really liked). It now comes w...

In GEAR » Is there a SteriPEN-like device that uses a UV LED?
March 02, 12:15pm

Innov8 Shoes are narrow
I had a pair of Innov8 390 GTX boots that I really wanted to love! They were light and very comfortable when I wore them around the house, but my feet suffered on the three trips I took with them....

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 28, 12:19pm

SMD Skyscape Trekker with Porch
I tried to talk one of my buddies into it but he doesn't have $200 to drop on a shelter right now. It's a great deal - especially since you've already sealed the seams. Good luck se...

In Gear Swap » FS: SMD Skyscape Trekker w/detachable porch
February 27, 11:45am

WTB: Bushbuddy Stove
Have you considered the Antig Outdoors Woodgas Stove? For $32.95 it really can't be beat. He also sells an alcohol stove designed to work with the Woodgas stove - I have the alcohol stove but...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Bushbuddy stove
February 24, 6:31am

First Hammock Overnighter
Welcome to life above the ground and thanks for posting. An underquilt will save you a lot of weight - but you'll need to decide on a full-length UQ or perhaps you'll save some weight with...

In Hammocks » First hammock overnighter
February 22, 11:51am

Family Trip Report
Thanks for posting it - It's always inspiring to see other families out backpacking like this. I feel your pain with the 45 pound pack - I noticed your pack probably could have carried more we...

In Post-Trip Reports » Father, Mother, 2 daughters, 5 frineds and 1 dog trip
February 21, 6:50pm

Backpacking with the Family
Thanks for posting the trip report - I have twins who are now 5 1/2 and if they saw the photo of you carrying your daughter AND the pack I'd be in big trouble!!! I feel your pain with the hu...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with the family
February 16, 1:23pm

Light Toothbrush
I've used both the fingertip brush and the Colgate Wisp. They both leave you feeling like you wiped your teeth rather than that you just brushed them. The other thing about the fingertip (i.e...

In GEAR » world's lightest toothbrush possibly?
February 15, 11:43am

Using Toggles
When using toggles with Whoopie Slings keep in mind that the toggle is holding the knot in place and IS NOT bearing the weight of the hammock. I also bought my toggles from AHE - they're basic...

In Hammocks » new hanger introduction
February 13, 6:29am

eVent Packa
Marty, I'm a big guy (6' and pushing 270 pounds) and I sweat a lot while hiking. I found the eVent Packa to be much more comfortable for me than the Sil-Nylon version. Your mileage may...

In GEAR » Sil Nylon Jacket w/ pit zips
February 03, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am