BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 321 - 330 of 558 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...56

Forum » Thread

Wood Stove Boil Off
I too would like to see a boil off, but I went ahead and purchased a woodgas stove from Antig Outdoors for $40. I've had a lot of fun playing with it and it nests perfectly in my EverNew 1...

In GEAR » Wood Stove "Boil-Off"
September 16, 8:19am

TNF Tigger Bag
I'll take the bag...PM Sent.

In Gear Swap » Quarktex AKA Momentum scraps, North Face Tigger Kids sleeping bag
September 15, 11:51am

BPL Store - Bear Bag
Steve, I've sent you a couple of PM's to confirm that you want my BPL Bear Bag but you haven't responded yet. I'm wondering if it's not working for you or points to an email...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL store - no more gear???
September 15, 7:15am

MB Ex Light For Larger Guys
Oh to be able to wear a medium again (or, quite honestly, just a large or XL)... I'm a big guy - 6' and 260 pounds. I have the Montbell Ex Light in XXL and it fits me well. I wear it a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Patagonia Ultralight Down Shirt Review
September 15, 6:27am

Lunar Duo: Partially Sealed
I'd guess that you'd be okay but if you're really concerned could you bring an extra polycro groundsheet or some other type of lightweight plastic sheeting to put over the tent if you e...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo: Partially sealed. Functional in the rain?
September 08, 12:34pm

Temps for the Montbell Ex Light
I'm pretty warm-blooded and was comfortable down to the low 20's in a setup similar to yours but without the vest or the windshell. I'd say you should be good to 20 with the vest and th...

In GEAR » temps for Montbel exlight jacket?
September 06, 7:42pm

Winter AT Thru-Hike
Hey - I live near the AT in Pennsylvania and your post intrigued me. Things were a little slow here at work today so I put together the spreadsheet below. It's probably not perfect, but it do...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter AT thru-hike advice and gear wanted.
September 06, 12:37pm

Wood Fire Burn Problems
I have the Woodlore stove from Antig Outdoors and I love it. I use it on trips where I'm cooking for at least two and need to boil about a liter of water. I usually get my liter to boil in 10...

In GEAR » Bushcooker LT1 burn problems
September 01, 10:14am

BPL Store - Bear Bag
I can't help you with the hat, but Lawson Equipment has a cuben bear bag setup that weighs just 2.9 ounces including rope, throw bag, and a huge cuben dry bag. It's much sturdier than the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL store - no more gear???
August 31, 9:46am

PackIt Gourmet Ziplocs
I can attest to the sturdiness of the PackIt Gourmet Ziploc bags - although I always order my prefilled with: - Red beans & rice - Tuscan Beef Stew - Chicken & Dumplings -...

In GEAR » Looking for "FoodZips" for boil in bag meals -- either a new source or an alternative.
August 15, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am