BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 321 - 330 of 580 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...58

Forum » Thread

The mUV
James, They have redesigned the mUV but haven't released it yet. I keep waiting. They sent me one of their pre-production models to test in the Spring but I didn't want to post a revie...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 16, 1:41pm

We All Need Water
Michael, I wasn't clear in my post...They drink in the mornings before we hike, at lunch (although this is often part of their liter of hiking water) and in camp at night. I'll usually ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Using the SteriPEN over AquaMira: Carrying less water
November 16, 12:43pm

Electronic Versus Chemical - Carrying Less Water
My purifier of choice is the mUV but I do carry a handful of tablets in case something were to happen to my mUV. The number of tablets varies from none (if someone else in the group has a filter o...

November 16, 7:23am

Granddaddy's Best Advice
"Graveyards are full of indispensible people."

In Chaff » Grandpa's best advice
November 16, 5:30am

Squeeze Tubes
I've used the squeeze tubes as well and also put them in their own quart-ziploc for safety's sake. The only problem I've ever had was with the plastic "tube closer" piece cra...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
November 11, 8:55am

LHT - Out and Back
Nice report - Thanks. I haven't done the LHT because of the need to reserve a shelter (no tenting is allowed if I remember correctly) and thus pre-define your daily distances. You'll en...

In Post-Trip Reports » Laurel Highland Tail - Ohiopyle out 8 and back
November 01, 5:56am

Backcountry Backpacking/Camping in PA
James, Welcome to the wacky world of Pennsylvania backpacking! As another poster said, you can't camp on State Game Lands except along the AT. I've done out-and-back along the AT witho...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backcountry backpacking/camping in Eastern PA
October 25, 7:24am

Rain Gear
Think about The Packa in eVent. It's a little on the heavy side (my XL is 17.3 ounces) but it's big, breaths well, has huge pit zips, extends down to cover my rear, and has a built-in pack...

In GEAR » I am going to need some better rain gear
October 24, 8:23am

Quilts
I made the switch to quilts from mummy bags a couple years before I moved off the ground and into a hammock. I didn't need to make a change to my pad or my supplemental clothing when I made th...

In GEAR » question about quilts
October 18, 2:54pm

GT Nano with Straps
I have a GT Nano as well...but my total weight including the straps is 10.8 ounces. A buddy of mine has the Eno straps and they are indeed heavy. I have the following in that 10.8 ounce setup: ...

In Gear Lists » 3 day AT section hike GA
October 17, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am