Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 321 - 330 of 665 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...67

Forum » Thread

Re: Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
Did Steve Climber get a new announcer? The guys voice just didn't sound quite right. DEVASTATE THE ENVIRONMENT!

In GEAR » Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
June 11, 8:35pm

First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
Have any of you BPL'ers given one of these bags a shot? I noticed them in a catalog not too long ago and have been a little curious. Compared to, say a WM Ultralite, they are about 7 oz heavier...

In GEAR » First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
June 10, 2:17pm

Re: Roomy 3-4 person tent recommendations
Steven, no ill will intended, but if your wife wants something similar to that huge tent, it sounds as if her expectations are not going to jive with reality. Is there any good reason to carry a 3-...

In GEAR » Roomy 3-4 person tent recommendations
June 09, 6:01pm

Re: orikaso vs. fozzils vs. Coleman foldable bowls
I sorta despise them all. The foldable type tend to need to be cleaned, unfolded, then cleaned some more. Just introduce your spoon to your cook pot or kettle and it won't be too lonely :)

In GEAR » orikaso vs. fozzils vs. Coleman foldable bowls
June 08, 6:00pm

EB
Ben, are you tall? I'm no guru, but my Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater is a nice fit on my tall-slim frame. They offer tall sizes, which I need at 6'-3. If you are tall, these are ...

In GEAR » questions for you down jacket gurus
June 08, 8:17am

Cuben Solo
Hi Dave. I have the same tent. Mine is .74oz cuben in white (a custom special) and with the standard fly. It weighs 21 oz. I've found that getting the pitch right does take a little practice...

In GEAR » Just got a Lightheart Solo Cuben
June 08, 8:07am

Re: "Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast"
Thanks for all of the comments. In hindsight, it was probably a good thing that there were only 2 of us. With the limited amount of camp space near the beach it would have been tough for anyone ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast
May 30, 8:45am

Re: nice TR
Very cool, Chris. (pun intended) The snow adds an interesting element. I had to double check the date, then remembered my wife telling me it had snowed at upper elevations in the Sierra last wee...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness May 2012 Crabtree to Buck Lake Loop
May 30, 8:39am

Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast - Part 2
Friday - Saddle Mountain to Maple Camp I felt a little like the character in this game. Misty Trees Misty Trees Dark and Damp Path A Ridgeline? Saturday - Maple Camp...

In Post-Trip Reports » Misty start, steep finish on the Lost Coast
May 29, 12:50pm

Re: sensor
Eugene, let me put it this way which is probably a better description of how I feel about the OM-D. It seems to be on par with the 5N in terms of image quality (maybe even better in terms of recove...

In Photography » Olympus news
May 29, 1:04am

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am