BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 321 - 330 of 599 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...60

Forum » Thread

You still cannot be in "complete" control
"You obviously have never been to a sheep dog trials. You would be totally amazed at what Border Collies can do being directed with only hand signals. You truly won't believe your eyes.&qu...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 06, 4:41pm

Different abilities
The problem is whether the "victim" believes they have a non-lethal method at their disposal. Change my scenario to me carrying my hatchet. The dog is a Bull Mastiff. It barks at least...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 06, 4:35pm

Impossible
" If you cannot keep your dogs under complete voice command and in sight at all times..." This is impossible. You cannot keep ANY dog under complete voice control.

September 06, 3:30pm

You expect them to know this?!?
"Here's the rub, if a stranger appeared on the trail and whipped out a large knife and started waving it around because my dog barked, or just ran up to say hi" You expect the othe...

September 06, 2:57pm

Everyone sees it differently
"it is that when someone chooses to escalate a situation to a lethal level when there are Nonlethal options available." The problem with this is that the person feeling threatened by a...

September 06, 2:52pm

This is irresponsible
"I always take mine with me, and they are almost always unleashed...My dogs are trail trained... when we see or hear people approaching I call them and they walk beside me." What do yo...

September 06, 2:39pm

PIG
You can find much better meals at Packit Gourmet (http://www.packitgourmet.com). They all come with the proper sized "freezer bag", and they taste MUCH better. They also recommend using...

In GEAR » Looking for Dehydrated-Meal-in-Freezer-Bag Cooking Advice
September 05, 5:35pm

over 50
I find that I can hike easier now. I take a trip to the same place every year for 30 years so I have a good comparison. I did no training when younger, now I fast walk for 30 minutes 5 days a we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast to you hike?
August 30, 8:48am

Try here...
http://www.cubictechnology.com/CTF3%20PRODUCT%20INFO%20PACK%2007192010_4c.pdf

In GEAR » Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
August 28, 2:21pm

Re: Not stoked on Hiker Pro
I would suggest the sawyer or similar product. No more pumping and it is very easy to backflush to clean. I filtered 20 gallons or so of sierra stream water (does have some silt, but otherwise cl...

In GEAR » Sweetwater Microfilter VS Katadyn Hiker?
August 21, 3:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm