BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 321 - 330 of 521 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...53

Forum » Thread

A non-member...
As you can tell, I am not a member. Why? Because the only thing I do is read the forums. There doesn't seem to be anything else here that I am interested in. Maybe that will change, maybe n...

In Chaff » Another Rant: Not worth paying to sell on BPL
December 21, 4:42pm

Solo tent feedback
I don’t qualify as an ultra-light backpacker, but I am certainly trying to lighten my load significantly. My reasons for using a solo tent are numerous. Not necessarily in order are: 1. ...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 20, 6:45pm

Re: Re: Treatment
"And I wonder if the shift towards Fomepizole is in part because any drug that expensive has drug company reps pushing its use and advantages to clinicians. Pfizer has a MUCH higher mark-up th...

In GEAR » Is Ethanol Worth It?
December 20, 4:38pm

Treatment
Okay, the above post is far more accurate than mine, but agrees with what I read. :^) I've leave mine anyway... @Dave - Aren't they using Fomepizole to treat methanol poisoning now? ...

December 20, 1:33pm

It does depend on the snow pack
And you can do it without having to reserve a wilderness permit way in advance. What I did was one the first day hike from Glacier Point to Illilouette. The next day we hiked from Illilouette to ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best time of year to hike Yosemite
December 19, 5:17pm

Methanol
The problem with not wanting to drink methanol is that requires that you not drink alcoholic beverages, unless you make them with a source known to be free of it. That is going to be a lot harder ...

December 19, 1:47pm

Toxicity of methanol
"Yeah, the other thing that needs to be factored into the equation is the toxicity of methanol/HEET. I generally feel more comfortable with something less toxic..." When I mentioned th...

December 19, 1:18pm

Amps?
Any idea what the output of the charging port is?

In GEAR » Wood burning stove/USB charger combo
December 16, 5:13pm

In GEAR » DIY Alcohol Stove Design -- Basic Considerations
December 13, 2:51pm

Wait till it's right
I would have to echo the comments that you need to take the website down until it is as close to perfect as it can be. As you have already seen here, the purchasing public can be quite brutal when...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 2:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm