BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 321 - 330 of 403 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

chafing
Like the others said, close-fitting boxer briefs with enough "pouch" to form the "frontal wedge-V". This gets protective fabric up in the creases. Target sells the Champion br...

In GEAR » Underwear and Chafing
November 10, 8:36am

pitzips
Great article, yet again! There is another way pitzips can help you vent when it's steamy inside the jacket, as long as it's not actively raining. I've found that on a jacket with l...

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies Part 3: Discussion, Conclusions, and Performance of Individual Jackets
November 09, 9:05pm

real world
Others said: "My biggest concern is whether the material wears down over time." "My interest now is in durability - the low weight is amazing but so is the cost. To justify the...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
November 08, 10:17am

cuben
Very interesting Samuel, thank you; I had not heard of the different suffixes for the same weight of cuben.

In GEAR » first contact with cuben fiber material: holy smokes!
November 07, 7:49pm

first contact with cuben fiber material: holy smokes!
I'm still dithering on ordering a cuben tarp shelter. In the meantime I picked up a 1.43oz cuben fiber stake sack from Joe at ZPacks.com. I have not seen cuben in person before. Holy smoke...

In GEAR » first contact with cuben fiber material: holy smokes!
November 07, 3:00pm

bags
I ran into this problem when I first shopped for compactor bags after reading about them in Clelland!'s book. Right there on the shelf, though, was a box of Hefty clear trash bags: http://w...

In GEAR » Smelly trash compactor bags?
November 03, 10:59pm

compression
Good point on the compression, guys. Another good reason to get the MLD Spirit in a wider size. Thanks for the info Ike! Like your Mistral, my old Cat's Meow 3D has lost a lot of its loft....

In GEAR » (summer down bag) + (summer Apex bag) = cold-ish weather goodness?
November 03, 8:40pm

(summer down bag) + (summer Apex bag) = cold-ish weather goodness?
Currently I have 2 mummy bags, I'm trying to move to a quilt system, and I want to reduce my gear's weight/bulk. I hike in the Appalachians, not the Sierra, so "winter" to me is ...

In GEAR » (summer down bag) + (summer Apex bag) = cold-ish weather goodness?
November 03, 3:24pm

aleve
Another factor is that Aleve is notorious for causing constipation. I've never heard of ibuprofen doing that. Even if Aleve relieves pain, you don't want to be carrying around that &quo...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Need Help Picking SUL Insulation and List Critique
November 03, 11:08am

_
Excellent insight Matt, thanks man.

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
November 02, 8:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.