BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 321 - 330 of 490 | Page: 1 ...24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ...49

Forum » Thread

Re: i'm a big fan of schoeller dryskin pants
>> i'm a big fan of schoeller dryskin pants Me, too. I have REI Acme pants that are Schoeller Dryskin. Love them for winter hiking, cross-country skiing. Mine weigh about a pound. ...

In GEAR » what's your favorite winter pant?
December 19, 6:33pm

Re: tent bound with kids
My son's 13 and we've been car/tent camping since he was a baby and backpacking together since he was 10. We've spent many rainy days and nights at camp in that time. For car camping,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
December 19, 12:51pm

Re: Altrec Outlet Extra 20% Off
Thanks! Picked up some last minute Christmas gifts with the discount *and* free 2-day shipping -- can't beat that!

In Gear Deals » Altrec Outlet Extra 20% Off
December 18, 9:10pm

Nothing is "free"
>> The forums are free. Do you make a habit of paying for things that cost nothing? << Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. I support "free" things that I value all the time. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 8:34am

Re: Re: what is BPL's "product"
>> Backpacking Light is an online magazine. I am confused why a paying subscriber wouldn't know this without having to ask. << [Sigh...] OK, fine. BPL is an "online magazine...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 8:21am

Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
So... you've "bought and sold many items" through the Gear Swap and "love" the forums and "hope to follow (it) for many years in the future" but you don't feel...

December 16, 7:57am

GCNP backcountry regulations
Note that the OP is talking about hiking in the Grand Canyon National Park where it's *required* to pack out toilet paper. No fires allowed in the backcountry. You're not required to pack ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 16, 6:16am

Re: Aquamira Pro and the Colorado River
It really depends. I've had trips where the river was running clear enough just to pump straight. I use a Sweetwater. Other times, a few hours of settling was sufficient. Last month, it was...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aquamira Pro and the Colorado River
December 15, 3:40pm

Alum treatment method
>> my experience is that a muddy colorado will overwhelmed just about any filter. +1 You can also look into using alum. http://wildernessvagabond.com/gcescalante2011/Alum%20treatment.pdf

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Questions for you Escalante Route/Grand Canyon Experts
December 14, 12:55pm

My method
Hiking in the southwest often means packing out TP, limited water and no leaves, sticks or natural alternatives to TP. I've gotten used to it. This is what works for me with, really, no angst...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 14, 12:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.