BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3191 - 3200 of 3612 | Page: 1 ...311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ...362

Forum » Thread

Re: Cheap First Pack - Which of these
golite

In GEAR » Cheap First Pack - Which of these
March 28, 5:25pm

Re: Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
I try to keep survival items in my worn clothing. Survival for Kids http://equipped.org/kidsrvl.htm

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
March 26, 10:40pm

Re: Re: Water purification
Ben, I have two packages of the potable aqua tablets but have not used them yet. The packaging looks the same as the katadyns . I always use my sak scissors to open even the micropur tablets. If th...

In GEAR » Water purification
March 26, 1:29pm

Re: new oware cuben shelter
yipes on the price.

In GEAR » new oware cuben shelter
March 26, 1:16pm

Re: North Rim
The North Rim closes road access to it early. Be sure to find out when.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon Recommendations
March 26, 11:18am

Re: Water purification
I use chlorine dioxide tablets, either Katadyn Micropur MP1 or Potable Aqua brand. The potable aqua is slightly cheaper it seems.

In GEAR » Water purification
March 26, 11:17am

Re: Training your ankles
Yes, it is possible. We need a trainer on this board to comment. That balance board that one stands on is probably the thing for you. Side stepping hills is what can make my lower leg a little sore...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Training your ankles
March 26, 9:41am

Re: Re: Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel<br>Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm
A little more clarification of my remarks above (where I corrected one of my errors), from Medical Aspects of Harsh Environments, Volume 1, Chapter 2, HUMAN ADAPTATION TO HOT ENVIRONMENTS http:...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Footwear Systems for Snow Travel
Part 1: Principles and Techniques for Keeping Feet Dry and Warm

March 26, 9:32am

Re: suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
Golite Ion? I thought it was panel loading, but it's not.

In GEAR » suggestions for lightweight technical day pack?
March 26, 7:36am

Ginsu
Only the best for me....Ginsu!

In GEAR » UL Trail knife
March 25, 8:34pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm