Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3191 - 3200 of 4229 | Page: 1 ...311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ...423

Forum » Thread

will
i highly recommend traveling with someone else ... even if you meet someone on the trail group up ... solo travel in the winter mountains at -20F is serious business ... especially if there are ava...

In Gear Lists » Winter at Mt. Mansfield
December 22, 12:55pm

here kittty kitty
jon ... to answer a few questions - you could prob use down ... i would suggest asking the folks at summitpost.com what they use in pata ... they could prob suggests how down works there -...

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag recommendations?
December 22, 5:17am

jacket
which rab jacket is it? also do you have insulators for your nalgenes to keep from freezing? bring some cheap vbls just in case ... compactor bag for sleeping, cheap plastic gloves and bags f...

In Gear Lists » Winter at Mt. Mansfield
December 21, 9:23pm

draft collar
depends on the bags mike ... best thing to do is to take yr bag into rei and try coupling all the other bags ... some will fit the way you want, others wont ... try the womens bags as they are o...

In GEAR » coupling sleeping bags- cold weather camping, yeah or nay?
December 21, 8:42pm

canada
if youre in canada ... the EB FA frontpoint is $100 off ... at least in the vancouver store they are .... so $179 instead of $279 .... which is a pretty decent price for a softshell/hardshell hybr...

In GEAR » Which softshell for winter climbing in the Canadian Rockies?
December 21, 8:27pm

YEA
yea ... body heat .... think mitts v gloves eskimos do it, climbers do it (cause they love to spoon each other) look for an opposite and same size/length zipper .... try it out in a store fir...

In GEAR » coupling sleeping bags- cold weather camping, yeah or nay?
December 21, 8:14pm

Multitool
I usually carry a multitool .... Its useful in winter or if you have gear that may need fixing its much easier to start a fire in winter or in wet conditions with a knife too for climbing you...

In Philosophy & Technique » Why a knife?
December 21, 7:15pm

legs
just ... mid weight softshells pants alone should do it at those 20F temps i wear knee braces, they provide some insulation ... those combined with gaiters and thigh length thinner underwear sho...

In GEAR » Chilly Weather Moisture Management
December 21, 3:35pm

bags
for 20F NF cat's meow ... 1200g ... 19F en-rated ... ive used mine down to those temps fine ... wait for a sick sale shouldnt cost you more than $150 or less MH ultralamina 15F for 30F...

In GEAR » Ultralight sleeping bag recommendations?
December 21, 1:25pm

skeena
mike the new skeena is event on the top and dryskin on the bottom ... it should be quite breathable and water resistant as a note the EB FA frontpoint is something that ive heard good things ...

In GEAR » Which softshell for winter climbing in the Canadian Rockies?
December 21, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm