Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3191 - 3200 of 4314 | Page: 1 ...311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ...432

Forum » Thread

application
christoph depends on yr intended use and expected temps there are a lot of really nice down and primaloft jackets out where you are, those brits seem to obsess about puffays for some reason

In GEAR » Thermal Pro High Loft / Primaloft / Down - What to use when?
January 05, 5:19pm

down under synth
jeff ... you want down under synth if possible because - thats for optimum moisture management as vapor travels outwards and the dew point will likely end up in the synth - synth on the outsid...

In GEAR » Variance in Montbell sizes?
January 05, 2:49pm

aquatabs
same as dan ... i use http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442625447&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302696751 it also helps that they are the cheapest...

In GEAR » Help me lighten/refine my approach to water treatment (FirstNeed vs. filter+tabs vs. steripen vs. ??)
January 05, 1:32am

sizes
Jeff you need to go down to XS ... i bought a EB FA jacket for someone around the same size in petite XS ... fit great ... take a trip to your EB store ... regular XS may fit as well depending o...

In GEAR » Variance in Montbell sizes?
January 05, 1:02am

seam seal
dont seam seal unless you are going out into the mother of all storms on an expedition ... or unless yr boots start leaking in whic case if you bought from REI ... youll still be fine

In GEAR » Quick question.
January 04, 2:09pm

tree
david ... that of course brings about the question about camping under trees in windy conditions ... or in winter with marshmallows hanging off the branches ... not to mention all the birds wai...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivying Tarp-Free?
January 04, 10:59am

bivy
bivying without a tarp or other such overhead protection poses several problems in adverse weather IMO - ingress ... getting into a bivy without a tarp is a bad idea in the rain ... remember that...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivying Tarp-Free?
January 04, 10:36am

R 3.8
a true R 3.8 should keep you fairly decent down to that temp IMO ... not ideal, but better than a simple foamy or even a neo air question is ... has BPL tested the BAIC to that R value yet?

In GEAR » Big Agnes Insulated Air Core
January 04, 8:21am

rub a dub dub, ducky in a tub
most nikwax leather foot products should have an integrated sponge http://www.nikwax.com/en-us/products/productdetail.php?productid=259&activity How to apply Brush off dirt with a damp...

January 04, 8:18am

nikwax
be aware that the colour may change a bit after application ... youll no longer have that fresh out of the box yuppie look ... http://www.sportiva.com/products/leather.php General Guidelines ...

January 04, 8:01am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm