Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3191 - 3200 of 4340 | Page: 1 ...311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ...434

Forum » Thread

latoks
hey eugene the latoks definately arent waterproof, if you keep plunging yr axe in deep snow, set up snow anchors, dig caves, etc... they will get wet ... they are just water resistant, very brea...

In GEAR » Gloves, liners, gauntlets, mitts, muffs, etc. What are you wearing and when?
January 08, 2:55pm

youll be fine
youll be fine jeff IMO .. add the tails and youll be set

In GEAR » snowshoe size advice
January 08, 2:28pm

run it more
you need a series of test runs that validate the results ... not just a single one yeah its more work =P

In Make Your Own Gear » titanium heat exchanger help
January 08, 2:24pm

mumbo jumbo
ill believe it when ive tried it ascending in shoes with a pack for a few days ive been deceived by too many fabric claims before ... every marketing flak claims their product is "highly br...

In GEAR » Haglofs Winter 2011/12 - non-PU Gore-Tex
January 08, 6:29am

yeah
im sure theres a difference due to the type and intensity of the output well i'll just leave it with my last words on the post ... i can only say that without sufficient hydration at the end...

In GEAR » thermos v jetboil for ski touring
January 08, 6:09am

hydration
james ... remember that andy K is talking about 12+ hours of continuos climbing ... with a 30 lb pack on hard terrain ... mark twight gives a similar figure in Extreme Alpinism ... i wouldnt ...

January 08, 5:23am

dangerous
IMO going out with a total of 1L of water per day is plain dangerous in winter for higher intensity actvities ... ie climbing peaks, snowshoeing hills etc ... for daytrips you can get away with i...

January 08, 4:28am

gloves
if you want something similar to the OR modular, try the rab modular mitts ... primaloft glove, event shell mitt http://exploreitoutdoors.com/2010/01/05/rab-modular-mitt/ i use light flee...

In GEAR » Gloves, liners, gauntlets, mitts, muffs, etc. What are you wearing and when?
January 07, 6:37pm

water
andy k as usual has some choice words on the subject actually http://www.andy-kirkpatrick.com/articles/view/the_water_margin whatever you do, just make sure you have enough hydration ... many...

January 07, 6:18pm

10g
$2.75 10g its my climbing knife ... http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442588927&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302696855

In GEAR » Light inexpensive knife
January 07, 6:03pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm