Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3181 - 3190 of 3835 | Page: 1 ...310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ...384

Forum » Thread

Or trade
I will also trade this straight up for the short version of the NeoAir.

In Gear Swap » FS: NeoAir Regular - $110
November 05, 3:35pm

Re: Plus one for DriDucks
"Driducks are light (5.8 oz for the whole outfit)" Your whole DriDucks outfit weighs 5.8oz? Just my size medium DriDucks jkt weighs that much. The whole outfit is over 10oz.

In GEAR » lightest waterproof shell
November 05, 1:21pm

Cuben
One downside if the future Revelation is not entirely cuben is that you won't be able to seam seal it, and thus avoid needed a pack cover or pack liner.

In GEAR » Next Revelation please...
November 05, 10:23am

AquaTabs
I get mine here for $8.75 Cdn which is equal to $8 USD at today's rates: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442625447&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=25343743026...

In Gear Lists » Birthday Money
November 05, 12:10am

Re: Re: Jam, Comet, Conduit
"From everything I can tell, the Conduit and Jam are very similar packs, and both look like great choices for the money. Any strong reasons why one is better thant the other? I've read som...

In Gear Swap » WTB: lightweight pack for 15#-25# loads
November 04, 11:46pm

FS: NeoAir Regular
For sale is my NeoAir size Regular for $110 USD shipped to USA/Canada. It's in great shape and has been used only for 5-6 nights. I'm selling it to go to the short version. I also have t...

In Gear Swap » FS: NeoAir Regular - $110
November 04, 11:17pm

Re: Scout Pack
It's hard to argue with $50 for two packs that will save 24 ounces x 2 but 4400 cu inch is pretty massive. At the least, I would add compression straps to them so you can keep the load tight. S...

In Gear Lists » Birthday Money
November 04, 9:19pm

Link?
Do you have a link to this product? At 14oz total weight, it's hard to imagine that it has enough 700 fp down to keep your warm at -10 F. You might be better off to go with something like Mo...

In GEAR » Lands End Down Jacket 14oz.?????
November 04, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Who Uses Canister Stoves?
"I see the author mentions he prefers a canister partially because it's so easy to use and fast cooking." Canisters are faster but it really depends what vibe you are going for at ...

In GEAR » Who Uses Canister Stoves?
November 04, 8:58pm

Hybrid Revelation
I just came across this thread from the summer where someone gets a hybrid Prophet/Revelation made from Ron which weighs 9oz. I wonder if the future of the Revelation will be something like this? ...

In GEAR » Next Revelation please...
November 04, 8:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm